This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 27 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 27 years here in a weekly blog post.
Tuesday night the neighbors directly across from me started arguing really loudly. My daughter recorded a little bit of what they were saying. You might have to turn the sound up. In one of the videos one neighbor says she licensed to carry (gun) and has a 9 up in here (9mm hand gun).
Well after saying she has a gun, I wasn't surprised to see the police show up. But she had closed her door and wouldn't open it back up when the police got here. But the guy who lives next to her came out and talked to the police.
*For those who have questions about her not opening the door and the police leaving*
Unless the police have a warrant, you do not have to answer your door or open it and talk to the police. The police cannot make you answer your door unless they have a warrant. A cop told me this when I was calling the police of 'drug dealer' years ago before he was evicted.
But a little while after the police left, they were screaming at each other again. Then they quieted down and things have been quiet.
The high this week was 108F/42C
The low this week was 80F/26C
So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.




Few things are as concerning as a crazy neighbor with a gun.
ReplyDeleteI agree!
DeleteTrue.
DeleteI'm with all of you there.
DeleteIs it legal to just not open the door? I would think you would have to open it.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I was wondering...And I bet the thought of her owning a gun is reassuring 😬.
DeleteYes, unless the police have a warrant, you don't have to open or even answer the door.
DeleteYour neighbourhood never fails you.
ReplyDeleteThere's always something going on around here.
DeleteYikes. Never a dull moment!
ReplyDeleteSure seems that way.
DeleteWhat the heck?!?!? I could not tell exactly what they were arguing about but it sounded intense. So, if you just go in your house and do not answer the door when the police show up they just go away? I do not think we could get away with that around here.
ReplyDeleteYes, unless they have a warrant, you do not have to answer or even open your door.
DeleteWell, that's concerning!
ReplyDeleteIt's been quiet since.
DeleteHot tempered people that you know have a gun are the most dangerous kind. Worst of it is even if they don't mean to shoot through the walls, a bullet travels through walls and windows.
ReplyDeleteMost people around here have guns. It's an open carry state, I see guns on hips all over.
DeleteIt must be kind of scary not knowing all your neighbors and not knowing what secrets they keep. Stay safe, and I hope the screaming ends. for good.
ReplyDeleteI agree.
DeleteIt's been quiet since.
DeleteOh dear Lord, that DOES have to be Hell.
ReplyDeleteIt was that night.
DeleteI'm surprised that, just because she didn't open the door, the cops left. That's pretty careless, considering the word "gun".
ReplyDeleteYou do not have to open the door unless the police have a warrant. They have no choice but to go away.
DeleteI would advise staying right away from that place whenever you hear yelling. You never know when a stray shot might come out right through a window or something.
ReplyDeleteThey are right across from me so it's hard to stay away.
DeleteAnyone who boasts about carrying a gun is dangerous. I'm glad nobody got in the firing line.
ReplyDeleteMost people around here have guns. I think she was just trying to scare him.
DeleteAt least there were no gunshots!
ReplyDeleteYeah, none this time.
DeleteDealing with neighbors screaming about having a gun right across from your door sounds like an absolute nightmare, and honestly, hearing that go down would have my nerves completely frayed for days. You're so right about needing a warrant though—people forget cops can't just barge in without one, but that doesn't make it any less stressful when things quiet down only to flare right back up again. On top of all that chaotic neighborhood drama, a blistering 108-degree heatwave sounds utterly brutal, so I really hope you can stay cool, keep your doors locked tight, and finally get some much-deserved peace and quiet this week.
ReplyDeleteI'm so used to the craziness going on around here.
DeleteScary to think some of these people have guns. If there's a gunfight you never know where the bullets can go! Stay safe, Mary!
ReplyDeleteThat's true. Wouldn't be the first time there was a gun fight around here.
DeleteHope you're surviving living in that crazy apartment!
ReplyDeleteI am. Always something to report about around here.
DeleteYeah, this fact that you wrote warrant, “you do not have to answer your door or open it and talk to the police resonated with me as I was standing on the other door keeping quiet and the police are like we hear you in there my New this was when my ex was trying to get his son and I was protecting my son
ReplyDeleteYep, you do not have to answer the door just because the police knock on it.
DeleteHi dear Mary, my goodness! And yes, you are right...if the police do not have a warrant, they cannot forcibly enter a residence.
ReplyDeletePlease take care of yourself, dear friend.
100% correct.
DeleteWow very concerning.
ReplyDeleteThey quieted down after a while.
DeleteThis is awful and very worrisome. Sorry your neighbours have no ideas how to be neighbours. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteSome of them just have no idea. Happens so often.
DeleteGoodness! Never a dull moment!
ReplyDeleteStay safe.
All the best Jan
Not around here.
DeleteWell despite the heated arguments and potential gun concerns, it sounds like maybe it was a quiet week. Phew! How are you and your daughter doing? I hope your health is improving.
ReplyDeleteWe are both better.
DeleteWhy do they have to scream at each other? Don't they know if they don't scream at each other, no one is going to call the police? No, of course they don't know that.
ReplyDeleteI have no idea.
DeleteHow annoying to hear that shouting and to have guns, you wouldn't know if she was going to shoot or not. Well that's the way I think.
ReplyDeleteThat's true.
Deletesuper scary and I hope you are safe!!!
ReplyDeleteI am.
DeleteThat sounds scary and crazy. All that's going on here is the fun fair is dismantling and it's raining. :)
ReplyDeleteIt was crazy hearing them go at it for a while.
DeleteOh wow if you see her in passing just don’t interact.
ReplyDeleteI actually talk to her. We're friendly to each other.
DeleteWe had a cold summer so that low was our high
ReplyDeleteWow, that must be nice. It's so hot here.
Delete