Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Favorite Picture of the Week!

 
Sunset one night this week. It's been a crazy weather week and I took a lot of pictures so this will be a long post with lots of pictures. 

The clouds started forming over the mountains and they were big.

Then the clouds burst out over my area.

The next day it looked like this all day. That's the sun trying to peak out behind the clouds around 3PM. 

The next day it looked like this. 

And then on Friday we actually got a little rain.

It rained on and off for a few hours.

At least it cooled things down a little.

The rain was welcome for sure.


This sunset was wild. I saw so many pictures of it just like mine on social media. 

More dark clouds but no rain from this.

The bright white clouds all over the place.

I couldn't even fit how large this cloud formation was into the picture. Of course you know that is my apartment complex with the orange stipe. I still call it the Clown Motal because of the orange stripe. Such a weird color combination they picked.

This sunset looked really cool. I love the huge clouds.

71 comments:

  1. You had such a wide variety of clouds in a short period. I prefer dramatic skies to dull, grey ones, and you certainly saw some drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous sky shots. As soon as I saw one and thought it was the prettiest then I saw the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great skies for you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. je te souhaite un bon mercredi
    bisous❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some very dramatic skies there! Much more interesting than just blue sly everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! I love cloud pics and you got some incredible ones. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some beautiful skies! That last one though looks like a bomb went off somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣🤣 The clouds always make for dramatic skies.

      Delete
  8. Your skies really are so flippant, they cannot seem to decide what they want to be LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of drama in the skies above your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it though. Sure made it fun to take falcor for a walk to see what I would see next.

      Delete
  10. boy you sure did capture the beauty of the sky and the rain. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate that.

      Delete
  11. Wow, so many varieties of sky! Thanks for sharing 😀

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful skies.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos! I love dramatic sky photos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, you got quite a bit of different weather days. Glad you got some rain to cool things for a bit. Zowie, that red sunset is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. That sunset had everyone taking pictures of it. I saw all kinds of pictures all over Twitter.

      Delete
  15. What great captures of the skies. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sunset-cloud picture is very striking. I like the clouds in the summer because it makes it less hot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the clouds are welcome to keep my brain from boiling in this heat.

      Delete
  17. That sunset shot is absolute madness, especially with those massive clouds framing that fiery orange sky above the mountains and palm trees! It has been such a wild weather week, and I totally cracked up reading your bit about the "Clown Motal" and its baffling orange stripe, who on earth greenlit that color choice? Catching skies like that makes dealing with all the erratic on-and-off rain totally worth it, and I am so glad you managed to capture such a gorgeous piece of chaos before it vanished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our new management company said this is the color scheme of their company so they paint the apartment complexes this color. It's ridiculous.

      Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures of the clouds.

      Delete
  18. That was a nice variety pack of skies. I loved the wild sunset picture. I’ve never seen a clown formation like that. Alana https://ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Our Clown Motel colors just make me laugh. Thank you.

      Delete
  19. Wonderful photos Mary :-D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your skies are gorgeous Mary, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These skies are gorgeous, and that one sunset looks really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your photos are absolutely stunning, dear Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sunset picture was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You had some weather. I guess that's what gives the really spectacular sunsets, but not always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, when the clouds move in, we get some great skies.

      Delete
  25. Gorgeous colours in your sunset there, and love the clouds too, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The second cloud kind of looks like an elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's hard to imagine the sky changing that much in such a short time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. You blink and things change around here.

      Delete
  28. I love clouds. I miss big, stormy clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one good thing about this state, so many great sky shots.

      Delete
  29. What an amazing variety! My skies are not as diverse.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful pictures! The sunset is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an amazing variety of skies you saw this week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a wide variety of clouds/skies, I enjoyed seeing the photographs.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.