Sunday, September 13, 2026

Apartment Life #537

 

This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 27 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 27 years here in a weekly blog post.


The police have been driving around, parking and just hanging out quite a bit. Not sure why but it sure has been quiet around here lately with them doing that. 🤣🤣

There's a group chat between my daughter and a few of the women neighbors in my courtyard. A couple of the neighbors said that 2 guys that looked like gang members were watching them and following them into our courtyard, watched them go to their door and then left. The guys were scoping out cars in the alley too. A bunch of us went outside in the alley to make sure none of their cars were being broken into. Nothing happened thankfully. My daughter and I did see 3 more gang member-looking dudes walking by though. 

A couple of weeks ago I was talking with a police officer from the Gang Unit and he told me that there were more gang members in my area. They have been tagging walls all over the place. He said they were all Hispanic, male, teenagers and all of these guys fit the description. Thankfully it was quiet after that though. 


The high this week was 107F/41C
The low this week was 86F/30C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

23 comments:

  1. Maybe the police are spending time there because of the gang activity? Those types can be dangerous, even if they haven't done anything much so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the police is keeping an eye on the place because of those supposed gang members...glad it's worked so far - let's hope the police stays long enough for them to lose interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your temperature went back up over the 100s now that that storm is passed. It sounds like your neighborhood does need a police presence pretty much around the clock. I certainly hope these gang members do not do any serious harm in your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping the police keep an eye on things in your area. Never a dull moment, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More gang members - that's all you need.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There’s always trouble lurking, but at lest it only lurked last week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m glad for the police presence!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the police stick around and the quiet continues at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd be OK with police walking about. Reminds me of yard duty as I patrolled around! Just have to make eye contact with them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopefully everything will be quiet and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad that things have been quiet and the gang members didn't cause any trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gang members living in the area would make me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, no! You don't need the added danger of gang members! I hope the police keep a close eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry about this. There's been an increase in antisocial behaviour in our neighbourhood recently. Lots of dodgy people walking around too. We keep our ears and eyes open. Might get back to do Krav Maga training.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having once lived in a neighborhood full of gang activity (New York City in the early 70's) I can only hope the police keep an eye on things and don't lose interest and go elsewhere. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes gang members fight with rival gang members, you don't want that to happen in your neighbourhood. Get rid of them as fast as possible

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do hope the police keep an eye on things in your area. Stay safe.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's scary. Who knows what those gang bangers will get up to?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stay safe out there! Hope things quiet down.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's shocking to see the temperature there. I used to think I'm living in one of the hottest countries, leaving aside African ones. Here, in my place, right now the temp is 28 degree C. It will go a little above 30 in the afternoon. And I feel that's too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just what you need - gang members defacing property or breaking into vehicles. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you your daughter and her friends are safe!!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.