Thursday, September 10, 2026

Product Review: Catalina Crunch Protein Cereal- Dark Chocolate

 
As most of my readers know I've been trying to eat healthier and so far in the last 2 years I've lost a total of 70 lbs. 

I've been trying different products that are high in protein because eating protein with your meal is supposed to help you feel fuller, longer. 

When I first tasted this cereal, I didn't like the weird crunch it had. It's a crunch as if it's been in an open container for a month and is now old and stale. If you let it sit in the milk for a little while and get a little less crunchy, you won't have the weird crunch this has. The taste isn't horrible, I do taste chocolate. But if you're looking for a sweet cereal, this isn't it. 

The price for a small 9oz bag was $6.99
A serving size is 1/2 cup. There are 150 calories for 1/2 cup. 

I ate this for a couple of days for breakfast. Did it keep me fuller than the 2 boiled or scrambled eggs I sometimes have? No, it lasted about the same as eating eggs for breakfast. 

Would I buy this again? No. Straight talk, I didn't like this cereal. 

I tried it as a snack by itself, and I would rather have something else. 

I added a handfull of the cereal to my zero sugar Banana Cream Pudding and let it sit to get a little soggy. Again, I didn't like the taste of the cereal. I did try it several times and came to the same conclusion, this just isn't for me. 

If I'm going to eat cereal because I'm craving cereal or something sweet, I'd rather eat a traditional sweet cereal instead of this. 



47 comments:

  1. Most cereals are highly processed and not good for you. Stick with the oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't eat much cereal these days. But I wanted to try this.

      Delete
  2. Too bad this cereal didn't taste good, that texture and taste both don't sound good.

    I do like some of the protein rich products and had to look into it a bit when my gut issues started. I usually stick to protein bars with peanuts or soy crunchies as those taste the best to me and are easy to eat. I can also recommend quinoa or oats as they have a lot of protein too and you could combine them with your normal cereal possibly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something that expensive should have at least been more flavorful and like you said have a decent crunch to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think with the price, it would be good.

      Delete
  4. Thanx for this review.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also tried high protein granola, which tasted weird to me. I didn’t like the texture either…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even going to bother trying any other protein products.

      Delete
  6. In my opinion, you're much better off eating whole foods than something processed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely, but I wanted to try this.

      Delete
  7. Hey, anything with chocolate is worth a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think so, but I got proven wrong on this one.

      Delete
  8. Regular cereal sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on dropping 70 pounds, Mary—that is a tremendous accomplishment!

    Love the straight-talk review, too. Nothing is more annoying than paying premium prices for "high-protein" health treats only to find out they taste like stale packaging. Sticking with your trusty oatmeal and eggs sounds like the much better—and tastier—way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Mary, thank you so much for sharing this. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. It may not be for you but you should be proud of yourself for trying new healthier foods and testing what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am trying to be more open about trying new things.

      Delete
  14. I usually eat porridge with fruit or eggs with a muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My kind of cereals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regular cereal is so much better. lol

      Delete
  16. You gave it more of a trial than I would have. Yuck. Alana rambliwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. My thoughts are that where you can it is better to eat whole foods rather than something processed. For example eggs are a great start to the day, they are so nutritious.

    All the best Jan

    PS Well done on your weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am eating a lot more whole foods for sure. Every once in a while I see something I want to try.

      Delete
  18. Thank you for your honest review.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, congrats for losing 70 pounds! I need to start eating healthier again. Sorry to hear this was a flop :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for this review. I've bee debating buying this cereal but it's not been on sale that I've noticed yet. I will skip it now because it just doesn't sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for your honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anything dark chocolate is okay with me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Doesn't look appetising to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Never heard of it as yet and probably won't living where I live. I don't like dark chocolate as to me it's very bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.