Saturday, September 26, 2026

Saturday Vittles

 
Low Carb Fajitas

You will need:

Carb Counter flour tortillas
1 thin steak
4 limes
1 bunch of cilantro
1 bell pepper-thinly sliced
2 yellow onions
6 Roma tomatoes
The juice from 1 lemon
1 large avocado
1 TBSP Mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste


What to do: 

Cut the steak into thin slices. Add to a baggie and squeeze the juice from the limes into it. Add salt and pepper and shake the bag. Lay flat in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, shaking every hour.

Make the Pico De Gallo and let chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. 

Mash the avocado with the Mayo, lemon juice and some salt. Let sit in the refrigerator. 

Thinly slice 1 1/2 of the onions leaving half of 1 onion for the Pico. Add it to a pan with some cooking spray and the sliced bell peppers. slowly cook over med/low heat until done to your taste. Remove vegetables and turn the heat up under the pan. When the pan is hot, add the steak and fry until done. About 8 minutes. Remove from heat and assemble your fajitas. 



Pico De Gallo Recipe

6 Roma tomatoes- diced small
1/2 Yellow onion- diced small
One bunch of cilantro diced small (about 1 cup)
Juice from 1 lemon
Salt to taste


I had 3 of the fajitas and it was 300 calories for 3 of them. (I almost forgot to take a picture of them. 🤣🤣)

Do you like Fajitas?

On a side note. Those carb counter flour tortillas are really good. They are soft and have a great taste to them. 


8 comments:

  1. Sounds good and look nice, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for sharing your recipe Mary.

    For readers in the UK they may like to know that similar low carb tortilla wraps are available in UK supermarkets. A 'normal' wrap contains approx 53.5 grams of carbs per 100g whereas the lower carb wraps only 17.9g which is quite a difference!

    Have a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fajitas is a great weekend idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't remember the last time I had fajitas. They're so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you tried the Egg Wrap tortillas? They are pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Something that's entirely strange to me! But I'd love to taste.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.