This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 27 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 27 years here in a weekly blog post.
While walking Falcor along the walking path next to the soundwall, I noticed a couple of police cars driving away and then noticed that there was an ambulance and fire truck still in the parking lot. I watched them come out of liquor store that's right there. They had a woman who walked over to the ambulance and she got on the gurney and they took her to the ER. I have no idea why though. Could have been anything. It's still hot here so it could have been heat exhaustion as well. I'll never know for sure though.
---
Earlier this week my daughter's friend, Tia who lives in my courtyard got a call from a co-worker and said she needed help because of her abusive boyfriend. So Tia got her girlfriend, my daughter and another neighbor to go with her to pick the coworker up. But when they pulled up to get her the boyfriend was in a Vay rental car and followed them, chasing them through the streets. So Tia called the police and had the police stop him. The co-worker stayed with Tia for a few days, went back with the police standing by and packed up her stuff and left.
---
As soon as he saw me and my neighbor standing outside willing to get involved, he booked it away. We went over to her and asked her if she was okay and make sure he didn't hurt her or the baby she had in her arms and she said she was fine. She didn't need the police anymore and she said she needed to go back inside and call his parole officer and report what just happened with him. But I told her if anything like that ever happens again and she needs help just to knock on my door, that I'm always home. She said she was really thankful that someone came out to help her.
I had taken Falcor out for a walk about 30 minutes later and saw that he was sitting in his car in our alley. And when I got back from my walk my next door neighbor was standing by my door talking to my daughter and she said that he had just come back to that lady's door and was knocking on the door and she did not answer so my neighbor stood there and stared at him until he went back to his car. But he was still sitting in his car when I went outside later. Nothing else happened with them that I heard.
---
The high this week was 101F/38C
The low this week was 74F/23C
Oh, and we are bracing for the remnants of Hurricane Rachel tonight and tomorrow. If we get the rain and winds that they have been telling we are going to get, I should have some good pictures, hopefully.
So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.


Stay safe taking photos of the remnants of the cyclone. You are kind to look out for your neighbours, Mary.
ReplyDeleteReally crap boyfriends some women have. They're lucky to know people willing to get involved and help them. I hope the second one really did call his parole officer. Changing her mind about getting the police isn't a good sign.
ReplyDeletePraying for you.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
You're expecting a Pacific hurricane and up here in Ohio we still have rain this morning from the Atlantic hurricane. Thank goodness for good women friends and good women neighbors. All of you have managed to help another woman in need. And I do see it 101 you're still rather toasty.
ReplyDeleteSomeone should call the cops on that guy anyway.
ReplyDeleteWe just had the remains of Hurricane Isaias come through our area. Still raining with chance of isolated tornadoes this morning.