Saturday, October 10, 2026

Saturday Vittles

 

Tomato Flight

My daughter saw something called a Tomato Flight and wanted to try it for me and her. 

What is a Tomato Flight? (I had no idea either) 

A tomato flight is a colorful, customizable platter of tomato slices topped with a variety of cheeses, herbs, meats, and sauces, perfect for summer entertaining or a creative snack.

So she made 6 slices of a large tomato and topped them with different toppings including, pepperoni, avocado, bacon, cucumber, cream cheese and lox, black olives, green olives, lettuce, seafood salad, cottage cheese, queso fresco cheese, bell pepper, and mint. 

The tin in the middle is smoked oysters. 

We halved all the tomatoes and the tin of oysters. It was really good. 

I didn't keep track of the calories for this but since we cut all the tomatoes with the toppings in half, I don't think it was much over what I usually have for dinner.

For desert later we had Banana Cream Pudding



Zero Sugar Banana Cream Pudding and a handful of Catalina Crunch Protein Cereal

I used the Jello brand zero sugar pudding and made it according to the directions. I added a handful of the Catalina Crunch protein cereal to it. I won't be using the Catalina Crunch protein cereal again, I don't like it. I reviewed it here. But the pudding was great. It's a nice, sweet treat. 

A 1/2 cup serving of pudding is 50 calories.

Would you eat either of these?



38 comments:

  1. I love the tomato flight idea! I would probably pass on the pudding…

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely mouthwatering, a feast for the eyes as well as the body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How good that looks Mary, I could eat those for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tomato flight looks like a creative way to mix up a snack. Interesting choice on the pudding toppings too...good to know about the texture of the cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I love this tomato flight idea. What a lovely presentation she did and fun way to entertain. Not only that -using tomatoes as the base, cuts down on the calories too!! Once tomato season comes around I'm trying this- or maybe even before!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have fun with it like we did.

      Delete
  6. It all looks tasty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Banana pudding sounds nice, I love me anything banana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Zero sugar banana pudding is surprisingly really good.

      Delete
  8. I love flights and trying small bits of different things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never saw a tomato flight. That looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a creative idea! Since peak tomato season is over around here (and they now taste like cardboard again) I will try to remember it for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a new idea for me and yes, I like everything except the oysters. We eat Catalina Crunch here, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of the Catalina Crunch.

      Delete
  12. I hadn't heard of a tomato flight either. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, sign me up.
    As long as I can have a Diet Coke.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks. Looks fantastic. My wife would likely choose this to be her "last meal."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting last meal to have for sure.

      Delete
  15. That is such a fun idea and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Mary, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a nice buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd not come across "Tomato Flight" before.
    I like the look and sound of the ones you've shown here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  19. How am I late to the tomato flight party? Our tomatoes are long gone for this year but I will be making a pinterest board for next summer. We are huge tomato fans!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks good Mary. Hope all is well with you and your daughter :-D

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.