Saturday, August 29, 2026
Saturday Vittles
A couple of weeks ago my daughter and her friend went to the World Market here in town and bought a few new things for us to try. While it wasn't the most healthy of meals, I was able to keep my dinner around 300 calories.
What she bought:
Mini sampler of calabrese, hard salami and prosciutto
Smoked mussels in a pickle sauce
Pickled gherkins/pickles
Caviar
Smoked herring
Crackers
Mini orange chocolates
Liver pate
This is what the board looked like. My daughter loves making a charcuterie board. I will say that I only ate some of this. I've had liver pate, caviar and prosciutto and I don't care for it at all, so I didn't eat that. I only had one of the smoked mussels in a pickle sauce, I didn't care for them. If they hadn't been in a pickle sauce I would have eaten them.
So I had 4 crackers, 2 pieces of the salami and calabrese, the tiny pickles, smoked herring, and 2 mini chocolates. My dinner was less than 300 calories. It was an interesting combination for sure.
My daughter was putting the liver pate, crackers, herring and caviar all together. She loved all the things she picked for dinner. This was not the expensive caviar, it was only $8 for the jar. But it was her first time trying any caviar and she liked it. I'm not a fan though. 🤣🤣🤣
Would you eat this? Are you a picky eater or do you like trying new things?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Ummmm, no offense, but none of those things appeal to me. I would just eat the crackers. To each their own!
ReplyDelete🤣🤣🤣 That's ok, I didn't eat some of it either.
DeleteShe lays out a nice board.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteEntirely different kind of menu as far as I can see.
ReplyDeleteit was very different.
DeleteAll looks really lovely and yes I would try it.
ReplyDeleteI like trying new things.
DeleteI like pickles.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I do too.
DeleteA very nice spread.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Thank you.
DeleteThat's very pretty! World Market always has lots of interesting things.
ReplyDeleteYes they do.
DeleteI really think I wouldn't survive without pickles, ha.
ReplyDeleteI like pickles too.
DeleteThat is a beautiful board! I am not the world's biggest fan of or herring.
ReplyDeleteThe herrings was so good. But you could substitute it for a different fish.
DeleteA little charcuterie board is always nice
ReplyDeleteYes it is.
DeleteThat looks fantastic! I would probably have tried a little bit of everything.
ReplyDeleteMost of it was good. I've had some of the things I didn't eat before though.
DeleteIt all looks great and looked like it would have been served up in a fancy restaurant. I would have enjoyed the Calabrese, hard salami and prosciutto. Not a fan of smoked mussels but yes on the pickled gherkins, no on the caviar or smoked herring, yes on the crackers and definitely on the mini orange chocolates and no on the liver pate. My husband is more adventurous than I am and would have tried everything. We used to have a World Market but it closed down a few years ago. I was always going there. It was a very enjoyable place to walk around.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter wants to go back and buy more stuff for us to try. Good thing I like to try new things. lol
DeleteThis looks really nice! :D
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteThis does look great, Mary!
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteI would have only eaten the pickles and the chocolate! LOL!
ReplyDelete🤣🤣🤣 Not an adventurous eater?
DeleteI don't eat seafood, but I'd totally dig into the pickles, crackers and chocolates. I am glad your daughter enjoyed her charcuterie assortment!
ReplyDeleteShe had fun with this for sure.
Delete