Thursday, August 06, 2026
Book Review: Her Orc King: A Monster Fantasy Romance by Zoe Ashwood
Book Description
Captured by bandits, sold at auction to brutal orcs, and dragged halfway across the realm…
I never thought I’d say this, but being kidnapped by a band of pillaging bandits wasn’t the low point of my life.
No, that came when a massive, scarred orc king decided I was his mate and refused to let me leave his cave.
Orcs are a vile race without a shred of propriety, and their king is the worst of all - he expects me to accept their wicked ways and doesn’t understand that my thoughts scatter whenever he removes his shirt. He insists on taking care of me - both my body and soul - and won’t take no for an answer.
But trouble brews in this remote kingdom. The orcs are keeping secrets, and I want to learn the truth. And I’m no longer certain I want to return to the human world. Maybe I want to stay right here, in King Gorvor’s arms.
Her Orc King is an orc fantasy romance with a big, scarred hero who falls hard for the stubborn human heroine. You’ll love it if you enjoy your books with a hint of kidnapping, size difference issues, and lots of steamy scenes. This is the first book of a series of standalones - each book can be read separately and features a happily-ever-after ending for that couple.
My Review
Dawn is abducted and sold at an auction where she's bought by a couple of Orc's. She's taken back to the Orc's home where male Orc's sniff her to see if she might be the mate to anyone there. She's surprised when King Gorvor tells her that she is his mate and takes her back to his room.
Dawn is expecting the Orc's to be awful to her but they are all welcoming and Gorvor is gentle and so sweet with her. She's slow to trust all this but the longer she's there, the more she doesn't want to leave.
One thing is bothering her though, the Orc's seem to be keeping secrets from her and she won't let it go until Gorvor tells her what's going on. I loved Gorvor, he was so patient with Dawn. When Dawn finds herself in danger, we get to see just how much Gorvor will not tolerate anyone threatening his mate. The other characters in this book were great too, which makes me want to read more from this author.
When Gorvor tells Dawn about his childhood, she realizes that both of them were dealt a bad hand but they can make a better future for them and their children. This was such a good book.
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.