Tuesday, September 29, 2026
Book Review: Sadist by Chaos Davie
Book Description
Ever wondered what might happen when a sadist meets her match?
Disgraced contract killer Theo inadvertently takes on a hostage when tech mogul William Vanguard tries to extort a powerful underground vigilante network, putting Octavia, his only daughter, in the crosshairs.
But Octavia has a secret. And secrets have a habit of slipping free at the most inopportune moments…
When Octavia and Theo’s worlds collide, who will walk away alive?
My Review
Theo is a for hire contract killer and she ends up with a hostage, Octavia when Octavia's father tries to blackmail the wrong people. This is a FF enemies to lover's romance with scenes of BDSM and quite a bit of violence. If that doesn't appeal to you, you might want to pass on this one. But I think it was done well and the whole Triarchy storyline was very intriguing. I'm hoping we see more of that and a more in depth explanation of and how it works in the next book.
There's some smoking hot kinky, sex scenes in this book and I thought it was done well. Plus the banter between these two women was so good, I did laugh a few times because they are both so unhinged. This is the first book that I've read from this author but it won't be the last. I plan on reading the next book, Savage right away.
I really liked the ending and the surprise twist that I didn't see coming.
I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Disclosure: I was given an e-ARC of this book via NetGalley but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ohhh I love a good twist
ReplyDeleteSo do I.
DeleteDear Mary,
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this review! Theo and Octavia sound like such a wild and unhinged pairing, and that FF enemies-to-lovers dynamic with all the kinky banter has definitely piqued my interest. The Triarchy storyline sounds super intriguing too,I really hope the author dives deeper into it in Savage. That surprise twist at the end makes it sound well worth the read! Thanks for sharing..
Thank you.
DeleteI like this review but that cover is excellent.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteA 4 is pretty darn good and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteYup, very dark with a killer and a kidnap victim. Glad you enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
Delete4 out of 5 stars - not bad!
ReplyDeleteI like the books cover.
All the best Jan
Thank you.
DeleteThe book cover is excellent. Great review, Mary.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
DeleteSounds riveting Mary. Thank you for the review.
ReplyDeleteOnce in a while an off the hook pair like this will take my fancy. Glad it was a good one.
ReplyDeleteSounds like an interesting book.
ReplyDeleteThis sounds fantastic. Definitely adding to my TBR. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteThe title has intrigued me from the start.
ReplyDeleteThis does seem gripping.
ReplyDelete