Even after my daughter told her she was just listening to music and not recording her, she continued to yell at her. So my daughter started recording. By this time my daughter was really mad so she used quite a few curse words, just so you know. But with all the homeless people in the neighborhood, things like this happen quite often to people who live around here.
Sunday, July 26, 2026
Apartment Life #430
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 27 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 27 years here in a weekly blog post.
I just want to say this is not me making fun of the homeless. I took this picture of this homeless man sleeping on a mattress he found outside. I am just taking pictures of what I see in my neighborhood and posting them here and I saw this while out with Falcor one time. It just shows how hard things are for some people living on the streets in my neighborhood.
---
Because it was so slow this week, I thought I would share a video from 2019 that my daughter took. My daughter was on her way to work and stopped at the bus stop to catch the bus. She had her earbuds in listening to music and this homeless woman started screaming at her because she thought my daughter was recording her.
Even after my daughter told her she was just listening to music and not recording her, she continued to yell at her. So my daughter started recording. By this time my daughter was really mad so she used quite a few curse words, just so you know. But with all the homeless people in the neighborhood, things like this happen quite often to people who live around here.
Even after my daughter told her she was just listening to music and not recording her, she continued to yell at her. So my daughter started recording. By this time my daughter was really mad so she used quite a few curse words, just so you know. But with all the homeless people in the neighborhood, things like this happen quite often to people who live around here.
The high this week was 113F/45C
The low this week was 84F/28C
So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I feel bad for anyone outside all night in this heat…
ReplyDeleteI do too.
DeleteIt is a sad situation that people do not have their own homes for any reason at all. I can't blame your daughter for being upset and recording the situation when she's being streamed at.
ReplyDeleteYeah, she got mad.
DeleteThis is why gun sales are so high - just not safe out there anymore.
ReplyDeleteThat's the truth.
DeleteWe need to do our best to help those worse off than ourselves.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
There are shelters but you can't do drugs in them so many don't go.
DeleteIn my early days of blogging, I once had a contact who was homeless. He’d talk about dumpster diving and so on.
ReplyDeleteI talk to some of the homeless around here too.
DeleteI can’t I can’t tell which is worse being out at an extreme heat or being out temperature is below zero because we’ve had a lot of homeless guy under bridges in the winter
ReplyDeleteYeah, it happens around here too.
DeleteHomeless in Vegas in the summer must be brutal
ReplyDeleteThere are shelters but they can't do drugs so many don't go to them.
DeleteThe plight of the homeless is really tragic.
ReplyDeleteIt is.
DeleteWe have our homeless too. I wish something more could be done for them. There are shelters but they always seem to be overflowing.
ReplyDeleteWe have shelters but many won't go because they have rules about not doing drugs there.
DeleteThe homeless have a very hard life, it's sad and with the heat it makes dangerous to be out all day and no place to cool off.
ReplyDeleteA lot of them go down in the tunnels to keep cool during the day. Jessica told me that it's much cooler down there.
DeleteA discarded mattress is a treat for some. Homelessness is so hard. Many want to live like that, but many more do not. I wish we could provide for this who do not wish to live on the streets. I hope you stay cool and safe.
ReplyDeleteIt is. I'm sure it's hard.
DeleteIt really is tragic. Do you have A/C? I have mental health issues, but it is under control. I don't know how people cope on the streets.
ReplyDeleteI have mental health issues as well.
DeleteIt is so lovely to sleep on a mattress outside.
ReplyDeleteSeveral people took advantage of it being there over several days.
DeleteIt's a sad situation all the way around and it seems to be getting worse.
ReplyDeleteThe Homeless do have a tough time of it and especially when Weather is making their lives more miserable. At least that guy found a comfortable place to Sleep, I've seen most just Sleeping on Concrete... in Arizona that can cause serious Burns. And, your Daughter's experience isn't unusual, as you well know, a lot of the Homeless are Mentally Unwell and can become quite Defensive and Aggressive if they Imagine something or are Psychotic. I think our Government could and should provide Shelter for all of the Homeless, it's a basic Human Need to have Shelter, Water and Food... to deny any Human Being that is cruel and Inhumane, we often treat Pets better and provide more for them than we do some of our own Species.
ReplyDeleteYikes! Please stay safe in those temperatures and with those neighbors. Being Street smart is important these days..
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear it was a slow week. You've had way too much interesting lately. It's good to get a break.
ReplyDeleteI'm kind of glad you don't have a bunch of incidents to report, but have to agree with everyone, sleeping outside in the heat must be just horrible. So many people are just one or two paychecks away from being homeless, too.
ReplyDelete