Sunday, September 20, 2026
Apartment Life #538
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that have gone on in and around my apartment complex and in my neighborhood in the past 27 years that I've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 27 years here in a weekly blog post.
It was quiet around my neighborhood this week. The cops are still driving around and parking, just watching things around here and people seem to be quiet. lol It's nice for a change. So I thought I would share something else this week.
For over a month I've been walking down here and taking pictures of what the city workers have been building. At first they were just digging a large hole and putting cement around it in the dirt.
The gray cement went almost all the way to the fence. The freeway is on the other side of the fence/wall.
This is what it looked like when they started.
My apartment building is just at the end of the street. You can tell it's mine from the orange "Clown Motel" stripe at the top of the building.
They dug a deep hole. All that grey stuff is cement all over the surface of the dirt.
The entrance to the tunnels where the homeless people live is directly behind where they are digging. Someone left their mangled bicycle by the tunnel entrance.
Then they installed a bunch of pipes and poured cement.
The hole is around the cement structure.
They left it like this for 3 weeks, last month *August*. I guessed that maybe they left it that long for the cement to cure?
So far in September all they have done is remove some of the boards from around the cement. It's been sitting like this for 3 weeks. I thought I had pushed this post far enough out that I would know what they built here. I was wrong. 🤣🤣🤣
I shared a couple of pictures on Twitter (@scarymary66), thinking someone might know what they are building but no. Some good guesses though. I guess it will be a surprise for all of us, once it's done. I'll post more pictures once they are done...at some point...if they ever finish. 🤣🤣🤣
The high this week was 99F/37C
The low this week was 79F/26C
So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











I’m excited to find out what the mystery structure will be!
ReplyDeleteTis curious.
ReplyDeleteLet us know when you know.
ReplyDelete