Thursday, January 25, 2024

Recipe: Bean and Corn Spoon Salad

 
I'm liking these spoon salad recipes so much that I made another one this week. I've been using these as a side dish for dinners and even my daughter is liking them. 

You will need: 

1 can of Black Beans, rinsed
1 can of Corn, rinsed
2 Bell Peppers, diced small
1 Cucumber, diced small
1 Avocado, diced small
2 TBSP of Cilantro, diced well
2 Small Tomatoes, diced small

What To Do: 

Dice all the vegetables small. They should be small enough to eat with a spoon, hence the name spoon salad. Rinse the corn and beans and add them to the vegetables. Mix well. Add your favorite dressing. 

You can add anything or substitute any vegetables for ones you don't like. I served this along side some broiled chicken but you can serve it with whatever you like. 

26 comments:

  1. With some alterations I would be perfectly happy to call that dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d pour it over a big bowl of lettuce and all it a meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be a good way to have it.

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah, this southwest-style salad does sound good. Thanks for sharing it, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any salad dressing? It does look really good. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the recipes I took this from had an oil and vinegar dressing for this but I used Ranch. So yeah, any dressing you want to use would be fine.

      Delete
  5. I am glad you explained why it's spoon salad though I like eating most things with a spoon (or spork)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been seeing a lot of recipes for spoon salad recently.

      Delete
  6. That sounds terrific and it sure does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks and sounds good. Thanks for sharing, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is this also called cowboy caviar? I feel like my daughter said something about making a recipe like this recently. It does look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the ingredients listed except for the corn. I'd have to think of a substitution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you could just eat it without the corn.

      Delete
  10. This looks very tasty. I love salads like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds fantastic, and it certainly looks delicious! 😋

    Hugs and blessings, Mary

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.