Thursday, January 09, 2014
Recently I saw someone post on Twitter that they got a Voxbox from Influenster and they loved their free products. Now if you've been reading my blog for very long you know I'm always on the lookout for websites and companies that let you test products at home in exchange for a review or sharing samples and coupons with your friends. So I decided to find out what this Influenster was all about.
I went to the Influenster website, read through what the site was about and signed up for an account. I completed a few reviews for products on their site that I had already used and completed a few lifestage Badge reviews and surveys. Within a couple of days I was sent an email telling me that I had been selected to receive a Gain Voxbox.
A Voxbox is a box from Influenster that has a product or products in it for you to try at home and then complete a few tasks on the Influenster site such as a review, share on Twitter or a blog post such as this one.
As you can see from the picture above my Gain Voxbox contained a bag with 5 Gain Flings pods, a sample size of Gain Fireworks scent booster and a $10 iTunes gift card.
Just in time for Laundry day!
I received my Gain Voxbox yesterday and did a load of laundry this morning. I did a small load of my shirts I was planning on throwing away because I had gotten grease splatters on them while cooking and I thought the grease spots would never come out. So I washed 7 shirts and was pleasantly surprised when 5 of the shirts that had just a few grease splatters came out completely clean, the other two still had a couple of visible grease splatters but they were much less visible and I decided to just wash them again with a larger load of laundry and one came out completely clean while the other that had the biggest grease stain just wasn't going to come clean so I just tossed that shirt. *I really need to buy an apron to wear when I'm cooking*
I did a load of cotton baby blankets and fleece throws that I use in my rat cages and used the Gain Fireworks scent booster with the Gain Flings to see if it would help with the urine smell that can get on the blankets and throws and was pleasantly surprised to find that it really did. I cleaned both cages and changed the bedding in them this morning and I can still smell the Gain Fireworks scent coming from the blankets, it's subtle but nice.
My old man rat, Marbles is comfy and sleeping in his upper box in freshly washed blankets.
Lucky is hiding inside his pink igloo with his freshly washed cotton baby blanket.
So my thoughts on Influenster and the Voxbox are as follows:
This is a great program for people like myself who like to do surveys, tasts and blog posts in exchange for free products and product samples. The tasks are really easy like posting tweet, fb post or blog post about what you received from Influenster and in exchange you get to keep and use free products.
If you'd like to give Influenster a try just sign up for an account at this link.
Disclaimer:I received a free sample in exchange for my honest opinion. All opinions expressed are my own.
So by now you all know my stance on Marijuana, "Medical" or otherwise. Last month on an episode of The Doctors they had Orange County Sheriff, Clay Cranford on their show telling parents to watch out for candy bars laced with marijuana. The kids don't feel the effects of the marijuana right away because it has to travel through their digestive tract so they eat another candy bar and then another. Pretty soon the kids are having seizures and vomiting from a marijuana overdose.
Now most marijuana users will tell you that you can't overdose on marijuana. But what they really mean is having too much marijuana in your system won't kill you. Or no one has ever died from a marijuana over dose. But what about kids who are now having seizures which can lead to brain injury, lack of oxygen and even brain damage?
According to EurekaAlert, "A total of 1,378 patients under age 12 were evaluated for unintentional ingestions – 790 before Sept. 30, 2009 and 588 after Oct. 1, 2009. The number of children treated for exposure to marijuana before Sept. 30 was zero. The number from Oct. 1 on was 14 with eight of those coming directly from consuming marijuana food products."
Loose leaf marijuana and edibles commercially made for "medical" purposes have a higher THC amount in them, making them a higher threat to young children if they ingest it.
At another school, a child was hospitalized after eating a small piece of a chocolate bar laced with hash oil and a teacher fell ill as well after eating a small piece. And according to NBC Los Angeles, "The Ventura County Office of Education sent a memo to parents Wednesday warning them about chocolate marijuana bars that contain hash oil. One student reportedly collapsed and was hospitalized after eating 1/12 of a Hubby's Edible Bar, which comes in several favors, each in six breakable squares."
So while the pot heads can say no one has overdosed and died from marijuana, some kids have over dosed to the point of having seizures and having to be hospitalized after eating the edibles.
Maybe parents, grandparents and those who have the marijuana and marijuana edibles in their home should take care to make sure kids can't get a hold of it. But if they keep the pot out where a kid can get it and a kid ingests it, they should be prosecuted, jailed and maybe have their kids taken away from the unsafe home.
Posted by Mary Kirkland at 12:00 AM