Friday, March 29, 2024

Being Able To Co-Parent Well, IS Good For Your Kids


I really want to give a shoutout to my daughter and my grandson's father. While these two aren't together as a couple and haven't been for years, they co-parent together better than anyone else I know. 

They take my grandson out together all the time. They are friends and talk all the time. My grandson's father is a great guy and I don't throw praise out there willy nilly for people. My family thought it was weird for them to get along so well after they broke up because no one else in my family has been able to do that. These two broke the bad cycle of bad co-parenting and I'm so proud of them for that. 

In the past couple of months they even went and got similar tattoos. They both got a moon tattoo with similar colors. Different designs but they oddly match. 

And I know my grandson is a happy kid because his parents get along. They are both great parents and a good example of how you can co-parent together well, for the sake of your child. I wish I saw more stories of parents being able to do this than the fighting and arguing that we usually see when parents break up and are no longer together. 

37 comments:

  1. I love this so much! In the 19 years of kid work, I have seen parents who co parent beautifully... and a whole bunch who use their children as weapons. Guess which kids are more mentally healthy. Yep. You're right. Your daughter is beautiful, your grandson is a great looking kid and your family has broken the cycle you grew up in. That's amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very rare skill indeed. All praise to your daughter and her former partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for them! That is indeed rare. But bad co-parenting is one of the many reasons kids are so screwed up these days. Your grandson will grow up so much better for their partnership.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s amazing and so rare. I’m very happy for your grandson and all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds great! Happy to hear that. Kudos to the parents - your daughter and the kid's father! All three of them win from this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very good and healthy for your grandson. Not every child is that blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HUGE accomplishment and kudos to them for putting in the effort. Fighting parents - whether together or not - really hurt the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so wonderful and hooray for them, they are making a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad to hear they have a good relationship. It really does make a difference in a child's life when his parents are able to get along even if they aren't together. Custody issues are so messy and can be really damaging to kids, especially when the parents put their problems with each other first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful that they get along and put your grandson first! It's also nice that you gave them a shout out to acknowledge it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to your daughter. Obviously you raised her quite well. It is a blessing that your daughter And her ex-boyfriend are working together to raise their son.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad for this. Very rare indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so great! I wish all parents could do that. Your grandson is lucky to have both them and you in his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's heartwarming to hear about your daughter and her former partner's dedication to co-parenting. Their ability to set aside differences for your grandson's sake is inspiring. I hope their story encourages other parents. Your grandson is fortunate to have such loving support. Wishing them continued harmony!

      Delete
  14. My step daughter's father does not get along with my wife very well

    I basically have to coordinate with his girlfriend a lot of times to get things done for Lily. I feel like a diplomat sometimes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand that. Must be hard for you and for Lily.

      Delete
  15. Oh, I love this! I'm so happy for your family. Your grandson is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's great! My sister in law and her hubby divorced when their kids were in their teens, but they did co parenting beautifully as well. Even though they've been divorced for 20ish years now, he still comes to all of our holidays and family gatherings and sil and ex bil state they just work better as best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is wonderful that they manage that

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.