Monday, November 21, 2011

My Hope For Next Year



I can only hope next year is better than this year was. This year really sucked for me. I don't know why I always think because of all the bad things that have happened to me in my life that nothing else bad can happen to me, I've had my fair share, I've lived through hell and come out on the other side singed but otherwise ok and things have to be better form now on, right? But it just doesn't end up that way.

My Year In Review.
Starting in January I had a horrible case of Hives. I have agoraphobia and every time I had to go outside I broke out in hives. It was just ridiculous. I dealt with a bout of depression so bad I didn't think I was going to make it through...I really didn't.

I've had several packages stolen or never delivered because my mail person is too stupid/lazy/ignorant to care that leaving the box or envelope in front of my apartment door without knocking to let me know it is there is an invitation to other people to take it/steal it. Even after I told them, they don't care.

My mother in law passed away in March.

My mom passed away in June. I still can't believe it.

I ended up having to call an ambulance in April because I was having chest pains and a weird heartbeat. I was afraid I was having a heart attack. After 2 days in the hospital I found out that my heart is fine but I now have an abnormal heartbeat. Most people who have this don't feel it and so it doesn't bother them...I can feel mine when it skips beats so it freaked me out. It's something I'll just have to live with now, there's nothing they can do about it and it won't hurt me but it is really weird.

Ken hopped over a fence and didn't realize that the other side was a long way down and when he fell...he broke his arm in several places and had to have surgery. Thankfully it all went fine and he's all healed now.

My older brother was arrested but after a week in jail the charges were dropped. It's hard watching a family member self destruct and using really lame excuses for the things they do. After my mom died my older brother said he wanted her dog, even though my younger brother had already said he wanted to take her home with him. Younger brother relented and older brother took her home...then he gave her away to someone else because she supposedly wasn't getting along with his other dog..even though he knew younger brother wanted to come and get her. He did this without discussing it with us and I'm still so pissed I can't even see straight. Why he didn't give away his other dog and keep his mother's dog is beyond me. Once again lame excuses for the things people do...

My younger brother got Pneumonia and Bronchitis and ended up in the hospital for a week. My daughter got the flu and was sick for almost 2 weeks. And hubby has been feeling down right bad all year, dealing with an ongoing health problem.

I don't mean to sound whiney but some days I just shake my head and hope the next day is better. Let s hope next year is better for all of us.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I'm sending you a big hug. You're the third person I know who has had a rotten year. My sister and friend have experienced years like yours. Thankfully this year is almost over, and I'm sure next year will be better. I'm thinking good things for all three of you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I appreciate that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, the year cant end soon enough. Just remember when you think you got it bad, someone has it worse....
    I had a similar year, but wont bore you with details. Just try to keep a smile on your face and look at your kids and hubby and know you are loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, I know so many people have it worst than me and I hate to complain but sometimes...ya just need to vent. I hope both our years are better this next time.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.