Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lucky Has A New Cage!

This is the cage that Lucky used to be in. The bottom part is hard plastic and he chewed holes almost large enough to get his head in, in each of the four corners. 

It wasn't a bad cage for 1 rat, but now he has more room.

This is the new cage and it's only about 1 inch smaller in length but it is much higher. It has three shelves where he can climb up to get to the bunker hammock and I plan on putting a small fleece cube on the top shelf. The best part is, the bottom pan is metal. He won't be chewing through that. lol 

I didn't like that the shelves were wire and he wouldn't leave the fleece alone when I tried to just lay the fleece on top of the shelf, so I used these clips to hold the fleece in place. 

The ladders were also wire and so I bought some men's knee socks and covered the ladders with that as well. Easier on their little feet. 

I think he approves...

5 comments:

  1. Lucky is very lucky to have a great owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice pad for Lucky! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same as Pat Hatt: that Lucky critter is just darned lucky to be where he is. How long do you think it will take him to chew his way out of this?

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting, Life in the Urban Forest (poetry).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think he'll be able to chew out of this one. It was a metal bottom pan. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant move, Mary. Gotta stay one jump ahead of Lucky. Well done!

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting, Life in the Urban Forest (poetry).

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.