Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Recipe: Seafood Salad


I make my salad in the biggest lidded pot that I have because I like to have leftovers. I started with 4 large tomatos and 2 large cucumbers and diced them. 


Then I diced 1/2 a head of lettuce and put that in the pot. 


I then added 2lbs of cooked shrimp.


I also added 2 large diced avocados. To make it easier to slice them just cut in half, take out the seed and slice in a checkerboard pattern while still in the skin. Then just scoop out with a spoon. 


I also added 2 cans of crab meat- drained first. 


And lastly I added 8oz of imitation crab meat. I love this stuff. Just dice into chunks and add it to the pot.


Mix it all together and put it in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. I like to make this when I want something light to eat and I always make enough so that we have some for lunch or snacks the next day. It's so tasty by itself that I don't even add salad dressing to it.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. We've been eating a lot of salads recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, not a big fan of seafood though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salad is gorilla food. Maybe I'd add insects instead of crab meat.:) Wouldn't you even squirt some lemon juice on it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yum! I haven't had seafood salad in a long time.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.