Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Review: Hades- A Demonica Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Larissa Ione


Book Blurb
A fallen angel with a mean streak and a mohawk, Hades has spent thousands of years serving as Jailor of the Underworld. The souls he guards are as evil as they come, but few dare to cross him. All of that changes when a sexy fallen angel infiltrates his prison and unintentionally starts a riot. It’s easy enough to quell an uprising, but for the first time, Hades is torn between delivering justice — or bestowing mercy — on the beautiful female who could be his salvation…or his undoing. 

Thanks to her unwitting participation in another angel’s plot to start Armageddon, Cataclysm was kicked out of Heaven and is now a fallen angel in service of Hades’s boss, Azagoth. All she wants is to redeem herself and get back where she belongs. But when she gets trapped in Hades’s prison domain with only the cocky but irresistible Hades to help her, Cat finds that where she belongs might be in the place she least expected… 

My Review

I started out reading the Lords of Deliverance series and absolutely loved it, for those of you who haven't read that series this is book 11.5 in the combines Lords of Deliverance/Demonica series. I was really happy to hear that the Demonica series would keep going on after the Lords of Deliverance series ended because I loved the characters in that series ad I am still loving it. 

Hades is the jailer of the underworld and just his description of him had me wanting to see a real life Hades. His tall body and blue mohawk, not to mention how he can change the way he looks to look even ore menacing and scare the demons into answering his questions made him seem very sexy. I wouldn't have thought that the jailer of the underworld would have a soft spot but he does and we see it when he starts to get close to Cat. 

Cat which is short for Cataclysm is a fallen angel who was kicked out of heaven for trusting the wrong people and making a mistake. She wants nothing more than to redeem herself, get her wings back and go back home to heaven. But this fallen angel is a mess. She breaks things, gets in trouble and while cleaning she mistakenly opens a something that she shouldn't have and instead of owning up to what she did, she tries to fix it which turns out to be the exact wrong thing to do. 

She finds herself trapped with Hades and the sparks fly with these two. This might be one of my favorite books in this series. Totally worth the read. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

14 comments:

  1. Sparks must surely fly with Hades in the mix haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely. Hades always brings the drama.

      Delete
  2. How many of these Dark Nights are there? I own a few...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems such a fine read, great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good, dark book about fallen angels.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good, I have a few of these collections on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been really liking them so far.

      Delete
  6. Someday,.... I must have read SOMETHING in this series. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's so many great authors in them.

      Delete
  7. I keep saying that I need to start this series. These two sound like an engaging couple. Nice review, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to get caught up. lol

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.