Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Product Review: Nuwave Oven


If you are friends with me on Facebook you might have seen my post last week about one of my neighbors giving me a brand new Nuwave Oven because she ordered one and they sent her one for free. I was so excited to try this out and Ken has been wanting one for a while. 


We had a 6.5lb pork roast in the freezer so we thawed it out and after reading the directions, it said I should cook a 3-7lb pork roast for 17-19 minutes on each side. So I did that and checked the roast. It was dry like beef jerky on the outside and completely raw on the inside. In order for us to eat dinner, I had to cut the ends off because they were done and put the roast back in the Nuwave Oven to continue cooking. 


Only the ends of the roast were done after 40 minutes of cooking so we had dinner but the roast didn't have that baked in the oven taste and the outside was so dry and tough. It took a total of 2 hours in this oven to get the meat cooked and even then it was still a bit pink in the middle. 

This oven is supposed to cut cooking times in half! But I could have cooked this roast in the regular oven in 90 minutes and it would have been fall off the bone done. 

I'm one of those people that if I try something and it doesn't go right the first time, I'm not likely to try it again. So I gave the oven to my daughter because I knew I wouldn't use it again. My first thought was to throw the entire things into the trash but Ken is the voice of reason and he stopped me. lol 

So this was a huge flop, fail, dud, disaster. 

I wouldn't recommend this oven at all.

18 comments:

  1. That really sucks that it was such a failure at cooking the roast. Had never heard of this and guess that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll just stick with the regular oven from now on.

      Delete
  2. my sis has one and loves it. wonder what went wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe my roast was too big? I don't know.

      Delete
  3. I'm seeing mixed reviews for this. I'm sorry your experience was a bust. I would be so furstrated if I'm very hungry and I have beef jerky for dinner.

    I think I'll stick to my crock pot for now. Even if it takes time to cook, at least I'm sure it will be cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a lot of mixed reviews too. Good thing is I didn't pay for it.

      Delete
  4. A roast isn't cheap. I'd be mad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol at least you found it a new home for it to infuriate someone else

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol My daughter thinks she might be able to cook something smaller like fish or finger foods in it.

      Delete
  6. does seem too good to be true

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh..I wondered about these..slow cooking is always better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and I have a pressure cooker that I love.

      Delete
  8. I hadn't heard of these, but good to know that its not an improvement on what I've got. Sorry your dinner was ruined. Maybe it will work magic for your daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope she'll be able to find a use for it.

      Delete
  9. Good idea to give it to your duaghter, maybe it works better for her. It sounds like it takes too much time to cook simply and if it doubles the cooking time it's not worht it. Sorry this one didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that my daughter can find a use for it.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.