Saturday, September 26, 2015

Recipe: Pumpkin Pound Cake

2 weeks ago I spotted a recipe for Pumpkin Pound Cake on FaceBook. So I copied, pasted and put the recipe away in a folder in my email until I was ready to make it. I kept seeing it popping up on fb so I decided to just make it because you know what next month is, right? It's pumpkin everything-month!

Here's the recipe

1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes -


So I added all of the ingredients and mixed and poured it into a greased and floured baking pan and baked for 45 minutes. 


Just ignore my baking pan. This one is 30 years old and has seen better days. I need new ones. But it gets the job done. lol So after baking this is what the cake looked like and let me tell you, it smelled so good!


This cake came out light, fluffy and super moist! I don't put icing on my cake because I don't like icing. But this cake didn't need it, it was so good. 

Do you like pumpkin flavored things? Think you might try this?

16 comments:

  1. I eat pumpkin seeds, that count lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeee no pumpkin! No pumpkin! lol This time of year is torture for me. I like my pumpkins sitting on the front steps but that's all. All the foods make me cringe. I love pound cake though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *rolls eyes* You don't like pumpkin flavored cake? Oh the horror! I love it and this was so darn good. :P

      Delete
  3. that would go well w/ my coffee... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a lot of things with pumpkin year round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too and this is another I'll be adding to the list.

      Delete
  5. This looks delicious! I wish they sold pumpkin puree here, would make baking cakes like this a lot easier. I like the taste of pumkpin, although it depends in what kind of dish. I just hate peeling and slicing and dicing the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised to find out that you can't get pumpkin puree thee. It would make it a lot easier to make pumpkin flavored things.

      Delete
  6. Oooh I will try this. I crave cake sometimes, just random cravings. This is easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like pumpkin flavored foods in moderate doses, but I would definitely eat a slice of your pound cake. Oh and no worries about the state of your bake wear, you should see mine- okay, no you shouldn't. Haha!

    Glad it was a win, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I found this recipe, this was a big win. lol Glad to know I'm not the only one with old bake ware.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.