Sunday, September 20, 2015

RIP Scribbles



I rescued both Scribbles and Flower at the same time, March of last year from a lady who no longer wanted them. He was very friendly or social but after a few weeks of interacting with him, he became such a sweet boy. When I shared my food with him, he'd always put him paw it in and it made me laugh.


He played in the ball pit..mostly just walked through it and ignored the balls.


Was always ready to come out and say hi.


And posed for pictures last Halloween. 


Falcor always wanted to play with him but he just sat there eating his food ignoring the dog completely.


And posed for more pictures. He loved coming out to play, share my food and get some cuddles with us.


Then a few weeks ago he started getting sick and I started him on antibiotics right away. He got better and then got sicker really fast. The last week he was with me, he was so spoiled, he got pretty much anything he wanted including ice cream, baby foods, cream of wheat, meat balls and of course yogies. 

Scribbles passed away yesterday afternoon. He was 2.5 years old. 

RIP my little man.

30 comments:

  1. I can feel how sad you are. :,(

    Have a good journey, Scribbles. And let your little soul fly free with your wings of love......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy. I hate it when that happens :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. He lived a great life, thanks to you. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that. *hugs*

    You gave him a wonderful life though and I'm sure you have lots of happy memories of him to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry, Mary. We will miss his pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never easy at all. But spoiled rotten is a great way for them to have lived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear of your loss! It's always hard when one of them passes away. 2.5 years is a nice age for rat and he had a great life with you! I am sure he enjoyed all the yummy food he got to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was an old man alright. I know he had a happy life with me so that makes it a little easier.

      Delete
  8. awww. i'm so sorry. you gave him the best year and a half he could have ever imagined!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, I am so sorry. I will never forget when my daughter lost her first rat..it was sad, but happened almost the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's number 13 for me. They just don't live very long.

      Delete
  10. He was such a handsome little man. So sorry for your loss, Mary. Lots of love from my herd.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mary, I know this has to be super tough for you right now, and am offering up BIG hugs to you and your family. Ro

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry, I really liked Scribbles and enjoyed hearing about his antics and seeing his pictures

    ReplyDelete
  13. :( sorry for your loss, I can tell you really cared for him. Did you ever find out what went wrong with him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He had an upper respiratory infection that I was giving him medication for and then we found a lump on him that the doc is sure was cancer.

      Delete
  14. That is funny the way he ignored Falchor. I know you're missing him b/c you were so good to both him and Flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He could have cared less that Falcor was always looking at him and wanted to play. While I was holding Scribbles and saying good bye after he passed, Falcor came over and licked his foot and whined...like he knew. It was so sad.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.