Thursday, December 17, 2015

RIP Flower


I adopted Flower and Scribbles at the same time and Scribbles passed away a couple of months ago. I rescued them in 2014. Flower passed away tonight at the old age of 2.8 years old. 

She was the first hairless rat I've ever had and I had a little to learn about them, like how she liked to pose for the camera. She was such a diva and my friend even made this meme when she saw her picture. 


When she and Scribbles turned a year old, I made them a birthday cake. She hid over in the corner with a little bite.


She soon became the most lovable little rat and loved coming out, running around and dive bombing our shirts.


She was so photogenic and it seemed like she posed for the camera all the time.


She loved food and treats and I cut these tiny strips of carrot because it was fun watching her eat them. 


She got a little whip cream on her chin one day when she and I shared a piece of pumpkin pie. I share this picture all the time because it's the cutest thing ever.


She tried grabbing the plastic bag one morning when I was spot cleaning her cage. How cute are her tiny fingers?


She lived the life of comfort and loved her hammocks and fleece cubes.


But her most favorite place to be was inside my or Ken's shirt. 


When I put this big soft bed in her cage, she loved it and slept in it often. 


Flower loved ice cream too. She was nice enough to let me have a few bites of my ice cream cone. 


This is the last picture I took of her this week. She was slowing down and I knew it would probably be soon that she would be gone so she was getting all sorts of her favorite foods. She is eating a piece of Vienna Sausage here. 

She was 2.8 years old and since rats live between 2-3 years, she was an old lady rat. 
She was a very happy old lady rat though and I'm going to miss her. 

30 comments:

  1. Oh Mary, I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I noticed you weren't around as much and was concerned that something was going on. I had never seen a hairless rat til you introduced her to me. It's hard to lose a member of the family and I'm sending BIG hugs of condolences and love your way. May Flower Rest in Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been spending more time with her because I knew she wouldn't be here much longer. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I'm very sorry for your loss, Mary. Flower was very cute. I'm very happy for the time you were able to spend with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary I am so very sorry!!! Rest in peace, Flower. What a lucky rat you were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I had her and made sure she had a good life.

      Delete
  4. I could tell by your posts that you really adored her. I'm so sorry for your loss, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She sure had a wonderful life with you. Never easy though when they pass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry for the loss of Flower. That's one of the reasons I never got another betta fish. Their lifespan is about the same, and that's too short for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And that's the reason I'm not getting any more rats, at least not for a while.

      Delete
  7. Hugs

    Oh Flower, thanks for the memories. You were one cool ol lady! Naked and all

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Mary. Damn I'm so sorry for your loss. She was such an amazing little being. Thank you for sharing her with us. Lots of love from us in NC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so glad so many got to know her.

      Delete
  9. Oh no. I'm so sorry! I loved seeing Flower on your blog. But it is evident that she had a great life. RIP Flower. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thin she did too. I made sure she was a happy little girl.

      Delete
  10. awww. i'm sorry. what a sweet little lady she was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She really was a sweet little girl.

      Delete
  11. What a nice way remember her. She was lucky to have you rescue her. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I'm so glad I was able to get her and get to know her.

      Delete
  12. I am so sorry for your loss :(. It's so hard losing them even when you know it's coming. She was lucky to have you and I am sure she had a wonderfull life. I am happy you got to spend 2.8 years together with her, that's a nice age for a rat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's the only thing really holding me together right now is knowing she had a good life with me and that she was happy.

      Delete
  13. Oh Mary! I know how much you did to make her life happy and comfortable. You did so well by her. I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe, Mary. she really was an old lady and a very loved one at that. Hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Mary. I'm so sorry to hear this. Flower was my favorite. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.