Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Garnier SkinActive Party Box


I was lucky enough to be picked for the Garnier SkinActive Party from Crowdtap and they sent me a big box of products to share with the party goers. 

Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Daily Moisturizer
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water- makeup remover
Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water- Removes waterproof makeup
cotton pads for removing makeup
A $10 Visa card


Overall I was happy with the Moisturizer because it left my face feeling soft and moisturized. It's not overly oily and it lasted for a long time. But it is a little thick and made my skin feel sticky after a while. I like that this has a spf 15 in it because it's easier to find and use a daily moisturizer with an spf already in it than it is to apply 2 different products. Overall it's a nice moisturizer but I've tried others that were better so I probably won't be purchasing this after the bottle is gone.

I give this 3 out of 5 stars


The Micellar Cleansing Water (pink Bottle) was my favorite of the two cleansing waters. It isn't overly oily and smells good. It does take a bit more to remove makeup than if I had used a wipe or Cold Cream. I can usually get my makeup off in just a few wipes if I use Cold Cream but this took several swipes and left my eyes stinging a little bit. 

I give this 4 out of 5 stars


My least favorite Micellar Cleansing Water by far was the one in the blue bottle. It's oily and took a lot of effort to get my waterproof mascara off. It stung my eyes and left my face feeling so oily that I had to use a cleanser to wash my face afterwards. So I cannot recommend the Micellar Cleansing Water (blue Bottle) because it just didn't work well for me. 

I give this 3 out of 5 stars


Disclosure: I was give free products in exchange for honest reviews and hosting a party to share the products.

8 comments:

  1. Stinging ones eyes is never a good thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe that I'm 52 and still can't use moisturizers because they make my face break out? I've tried everything. Pimples, every time! It's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been getting lots of cool stuff lately! Yay. That cleansing water was something I won a couple months ago from someone else (don't remember who but wasn't Garnier), and I was surprised that it worked so well, particularly since I'd never heard of it. Glad you liked the products (except for the yucky one that made your eyes sting.) Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There are so many great sites that send you free products if you'll do a review for them.

      Delete
  4. Garnier and my skin don't get along :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a mixed bag. I'm pretty happy with my Oil of Olay products so I'll stay with what works though it's good to hear about what else is out there.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.