Thursday, January 07, 2016

Recipe: Mary's Seafood Salad


Ken and I bought a small package of seafood salad from the deli in the grocery store a while back and it tasted like it had been made with Miracle Whip which I detest. So after picking through what we had bought and seeing the different ingredients, I decided that I could probably just make some myself and make it better, which I did. 

You will need: 

1 package (12 ounces) Imitation Crab Meat
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
3 green onions-diced
3 stalks of celery-diced

What To Do:
Shred or slice the imitation crab meat into very thin strips. I also cut some of the crab meat into small cubes for contrasting consistencies. Add the mayo, shredded imitation crab, diced green onions and diced celery. Mix well and refrigerate for 3 hours before serving. 


This is what it looked like after I mixed it all together. It was really good. Much better than the stuff at the grocery store deli. 

18 comments:

  1. Imitation crab meat? What is that made of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of it is made from other white fish and ground together and pressed into a form to look like crab. But it has a good taste to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always bought the canned seafood products. How do you like the vacuum packaging? Is it better without all the liquid?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like canned crab and other seafood products but this is different and I like it quite a lot.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, another you can guess I don't eat lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling you would say that. lol

      Delete
  5. I've always been hesitant of imitation crab, but this sounds pretty good. of course, you know I like things spicy, so I would have to add some cayenne to it! (lol) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a big fan of seafood, so not sure if this would be for me, but it looks good. I've never heard of imitation crab before, what is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of it is made from other white fish and ground together and pressed into a form to look like crab. But it has a good taste to it.

      Delete
  7. Oh, how interesting. I love crab salad on croissants or crackers. It sounds like its made like tuna or chicken salad. I imagine we can add spices to change up the flavor a bit. Thanks for sharing your 'research', Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could spice this up any way you wanted.

      Delete
  8. I love seafood, so this appeals to me perfect on sliced tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great, Mary. Often these things taste better when we make them ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!!! I actually prefer imitation crab for crab salad because with REAL crab I'm always the one who gets bits of shell or whatever. Yuck. Can't wait to make this if I can find imitation crab here in smallville Arkansas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can find it. I've been able to find it in most stores.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.