Thursday, June 02, 2016

Review: Twice The Growl by Milly Taiden


Book Blurb

Talia Barca needs a date. Badly. She uses the services of the Paranormal Dating Agency hoping for a decent guy to take to a family wedding. A wedding her ex-husband has wormed his way into as a guest.

Connor and Theron want Tally to complete their Alpha triad. She's sexy, curvy and funny. But she's human. And they're not sure she'll go for a relationship with two men at the same time.
As if deciding to give two men a shot wasn’t difficult enough, Tally will also need to deal with a threat from the pack. She'll either prove she's strong enough to be an Alpha mate or find herself at the mercy of a vicious opponent.

Reader Warning: This book contains lots of scorching sex (including a threesome so hot it will make your ereader sizzle), adult language (hanky panky with no dirty talk is no fun), and violence. If this is not the kind of stuff you like to read, skip this book. However, if you like dirty, raunchy sex with some sarcasm and two hot men on one curvy girl, then this is right up your alley. Enjoy!


My Review

My friends over at Rabid Reads reviewed this book a couple months back and ever since reading the review I've had this in my tbr pile. It's just taken men a while to get to it but I'm glad I did because I had fun with this one. I think I might have read one of this authors books a while back but it's been a while and I've been seeing great things about this series and this book so I figured why not, I'll give it a try. 

Gerri Wilder runs the Paranormal Dating Agency, she picks dates for her clients and so far they're pretty happy with who she's paired people up with. She's a shape shifter and seems to have a sense of who will pair up great with one another.

Talia is going to a wedding and since her ex husband will be there she doesn't want to go alone. Her ex is a bit of an ass, ok not just a bit of one, he's a huge ass and it's no wonder he's her ex now. Man, I really hated that guy. Talia has had a rough time and she's a bit broken inside and doesn't think much of herself. She's not looking for a commitment, just a date to the wedding. She ends up getting much more than she asked for. 

Theron and Connor are the alpha and omega for their Wildwoods pack and they've grown up knowing exactly who and what they would be. They share everything, even women and now they are looking for a mate to share. So they go ask the one person they know might be able to help them with that. Gerri is Theron's aunt and she has the perfect woman for them, they just don't know it yet. 

Theron and Connor and their mate will form a triad as soon as they find a woman they and their beasts accept as their mate, but they haven't found that woman yet and they didn't think they would find her as a human female. The guys and their beats really like Talia but not everyone is ready to let this little seduction take place. There's a bit of drama as the guys try to make her see things their way but this book is mostly about sex and seduction, not that there's anything wrong with that. 

I really liked their first meeting, they all took the elevator together and I don't think I'd mind being stuffed together in a small elevator with two gorgeous men, nope not at all. 

This was a novella length book and I like that for a first book in a series so I can get a little of the story before I dive headfirst into a series of books. There are a lot of the books already published in this one so I'm a little late getting to the party but I like what I've read so far, so I'll definitely be reading more from this series now. 

If you'd like to get this for yourself, you can find it here

I give this book 4 stars. 



16 comments:

  1. Sounds intriguing and mysterious. Nice review and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good way to start a series indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Milly Taiden but I've not read this one yet. Adding it to my tbr pile.

    Simply Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dating agency for paranormals, how fun! I like a quick hot one, once in a while. I still need to try Milly Taiden so you're not the only one late to the party, Mary. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked her books. I've now read a few of them. Reviews will be coming. lol

      Delete
  5. I have this one marked, I like the dating agency. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked it and some of the other books in the series.

      Delete
  6. A threesome so hot it will make my ereader sizzle? See, now I'm curious. Ill but curious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of a paranormal dating company, sounds like a fun set-up. I looked the series up on amazon and it seems there are quite some books out already, long series can be a bit daunting, but it's also good if you enjoy the first book and know there will be more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the woman who runs the paranormal dating company.

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you enjoyed this one too, Mary. I thought it was a cute story. I've got the review for book two scheduled, though I don't remember the date. LOL. Great review. :-)

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thanks. I read 2 other books in this series after reading this and have reviews scheduled.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.