Saturday, January 07, 2017

Favorite Video of the Week



So the reason I found this one funny is because my mom loved pickled pigs feet and she could get a jar of them at least once a month when we were kids. My brother and I still eat them but I'm not allowed to open the jar in the apartment because the smell makes Ken want to gag. he said it smells like a morgue and someone dumped a jar of embalming fluid on the floor. To me, all I smell is vinegar. As kids we used to eat pickled eggs, which I really didn't care for as well as the spicy pickled vegetables and those are the bomb! I don't eat as much pickled pigs feet anymore but I still love the spicy pickled vegetables. So I can really understand the reaction of these kids since they've never had it before. It is a very strange flavor and it's served cold.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I would totally be drama-ing it up and gagging about. Sorry, Mary, I'm with Ken on this one. But I get the same reaction out of my tribe when I'm eating sardines so I get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandma used to keep a jar of purple pickled eggs (beet juice) in her fridge. I thought that was WACK! But pickled pigs feet is truly disturbing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had purple eggs.

      Delete
  3. lol I'd gag too, soo nasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I knew you'd say that.

      Delete
  4. That's just nasty

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.