Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Recipe: Fried Flour Tortillas

I wanted something sweet and didn't want to spend a lot of time making something so I made this. It's fried flour tortillas tossed in a cinnamon sugar mixture. 

Cut your flour tortillas to a chip size. 
Mix together 1 ts. ground cinnamon and 2 TBSP. sugar and set aside.

Heat oil in a pan and add a few of the flour tortillas pieces. Fry for about 20 seconds on each side. They go very quickly. 

Toss in the cinnamon sugar mixture and enjoy. 

It took about 5 minutes. 

Because sometimes you need a fast, sweet treat. 

20 comments:

  1. Fast is sure a win many a day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Great idea for a quick sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Almost like a Mexican version of cinnamon toast. lol I'll so have to do this when my next craving hits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! My mom used to make these when I was a kid... haven't had them in ages!! Have to make this now!! - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I've made them a few times and they are always good.

      Delete
  5. Frying shit is magic for me. Fry a cauliflower and I'll love it! Lol super hot oil is just magic, this tortilla will go great with just mashed avocados for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Frying is just so good...bad for you but so good. lol

      Delete
  6. Fry for about 20 seconds on each side... Sounds like an easy job, but I swear would've caught fire. I guess I'm not a master chef.

    Hi Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice makes perfect. :) Hi Blue. :)

      Delete
  7. Anything fried and I'm in. If it's super simple like this, I'm gonna try it for sure. I have a whole box of tortillas to experiment with this recipe, Mary.(lol) Thanks a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love trying new recipes or things I see online. Hope you like it.

      Delete
  8. never tried that but it looks good. I should try

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.