Sunday, March 19, 2017

You Can't Make This Stuff Up

I've shared some of the antics that my neighbors have pulled recently but I don't think I've shared this story with you. Back in 1995 we lived at Mark Twain Apartments and Ken was the maintenance man for the apartment complex. We lived there for a few years but when Ken had to have his ankle operated on, the manager brought in a replacement maintenance man until Ken was able to work again. That's where the story gets crazy. The manager, Lori hired Gregory Leonard and he came over to our apartment all the time to get tips from Ken about the apartment complex and where things were kept in the maintenance shop, we even had him over for dinner a few times.

So it was a real shock when he was arrested for murder. The police found a body hidden under his bed.

You can read the whole story here.

So you see, I've always had crazy neighbors no matter where I've lived.

24 comments:

  1. Holy crap! That IS crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you do have the darnedest luck with neighbors. I need to head over for the rest of that story. Glad he liked you guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? We liked him too. It was the strangest thing.

      Delete
  3. OMG, that is some scary sh*t! Did he seem creepy or shady to you? What was the motive?

    Honestly, I always thought neighbors were strange when I lived in apartments. Though it might just be that you notice it more due to the proximity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shit that's crazy. That is some serial killer type of story. Keeping a person under the bed. Crazy.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. We were in shock when we heard.

      Delete
  5. lmao wow, that is beyond crazy. My worst was a creepy old fart, no murderers that I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's crazy. But you never know about people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing I've learned for sure.

      Delete
  7. Under the bed? That's for playboys and money, what an idiot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I've always joked about how horrible my neighbors are, but I could never match that. That is insane! I guess you never really can tell what someone's capable of just by talking to them, can you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No you really can't. He seemed like a nice guy.

      Delete
  9. Mary you need to write a book about your complex...LOL That is just freaky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was even a different complex than the one we live in now. People are crazy everywhere. lol

      Delete
  10. Wow! That's crazy! You never know right? Reminds me of when I worked at the YMCA as a kid, and we found out the maintenance man, who was gorgeous by the way-lol, was robbing banks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you just never know about someone.

      Delete
  11. Yikes. That's a different level of crazy neighbor!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.