Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Review: Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole


Book Description

A seductive beauty he can
never have, yet can't resist... 

Cadeon Woede will stop at nothing to atone for the one wrong that will haunt him forever. But once he secures the key to his redemption, the halfling Holly Ashwin, Cade finds that the woman he thought he could use for his own ends and then forget haunts him as much as his past. 

A tormented warrior she
should fear, but can't deny... 

Raised as a human, Holly never knew that some frightening legends are real until she encounters a brutal demon who inexplicably guards her like a treasure. Thrust into a sensual new world of myth and power, with him as her protector, she begins to crave the demon's wicked touch. 

Surrender to dark desires... 

Yet just when he earns Holly's trust, will Cade be forced to betray the only woman who can sate his wildest needs -- and claim his heart?


My Review

Holly is smart and on the verge of writing a code that could do away with computer viruses and more. She thinks she's a human that just has some quirks but she soon finds out that she's much more when demons kidnap her and because she's "The Vessel" and they want to use her to create an evil child. I loved how she finds out what she really is and how she uses her new power to do what needs to be done at the time.

That's where Cade comes in and saves her from more bad guys that are on the way and then they are off on the road together. It's his job to keep her safe until she can be handed over to someone in exchange for something he needs. But as I've said before, the best laid plans and all that. Things don't always go the way you think they will and that happens quite a bit in this book. 

Cade has some faults but he does things for the right reasons for the most part. Plus, he's hot with a capital "H". Yes, he's a demon complete with horns and when he gets really upset...or excited he changes form to look even more like a demon...complete with fangs and a large physique but did I mention he's hot?

These two don't start off great but she has a lot to deal with but they start getting along the longer they are together. The sex scenes as well as the adventure and fights scenes just add to the story. This book kept me completely enthralled. I started reading it after dinner and ended up staying up longer than I had wanted because I just couldn't this one down until the end. *Note to self: Don't start reading at night if you want to get any sleep*

I really enjoyed seeing Holly find herself and give as good as she got. She really took it much better than some might and it showed how strong she was and I do love a kick ass heroine who can take care of herself when everything is looking bleak. 

I might be reading this series out of order but I don't even care because I know as time goes on and the books get read, everything will make more sense. And make no mistake, I will read this series even though there are currently 19 books in this series and I've only read a few of them. I can't recommend this series hard enough. If you like Paranormal Romance, just read it.

Hands down this gets 5 out of 5 stars. 

12 comments:

  1. I loved this one too. Paranormal Road Trip for the win! LOL Her books are so addicting. I've stayed up late with a few. I need to catch up on a couple of them, but I don't mind being a little behind because I know I'll love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I am so loving this series. She's a favorite for sure.

      Delete
  2. Cole is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it has both thumbs and toes up from you. 19? Wow, that is a lot in a series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I really liked it. 19 is a lot but just gives us more to read.

      Delete
  4. Yay! I enjoyed this one, too! Plus...hero named Cade. Win! lol The later books in the series are best read in order (there's a big story arc that goes between them) but these early ones are great on their own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to read them in order but I win one, find one at the library or find one on my tbr shelf and am like, I'm reading this now. lol

      Delete
  5. I am glad that you enjoyed this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was soooo much fun! I loved seeing her let loose a little!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.