Sunday, August 20, 2017

Review: Degustabox- August

DegustaBox is a monthly subscription box filled with food and drink products. The price for the box is $19.99 a month.  

You do not get to pick any of the products you get, it's a surprise each month. But they say each box contains 10-15 items and each box is worth at least $30. I like trying boxes like this because they usually contain products that I've never tried or haven't seen before. 

What was in the box? 

Nature’s Bakery Fig Bar
Welch’s Fruit Rolls
SunSpire Milk Chocolate SunDrops
Dole Peaches in Strawberry Gel (Kinda like jello)
Goya Golden Maria Sandwich Cookies
Sharwood’s Korma
Pasta Chips in Rosemary Flavor
Vintage Italia Pasta Bow Ties in Meatball Parm
Turkey Perky Jerky in Tasty Teriyaki
Goya Tostones Chips
Hummustir Hummus (Mediterranean Style)
Nuttzo 2go


So far the only thing I didn't like was the hummus. I made chicken thighs one night and we tried the Korma sauce and it was just ok for me. Ken and I both started opening packages right away and sampling everything. He liked the meatball parm chips while I liked the rosemary and the twice fried plantains. The jerky was really good too and even Falcor had a bite of that and seemed to enjoy it.

If you don't live in the US, they now have a Great Britain Website. Now here's a treat for you. If this box looks like something you'd like, you can use code MARYK-ACB and get your first box half off. That's a big box of food for only $10! and you can cancel anytime. So if you're interested, go to the DegustaBox site and sign up and don't forget to use my code to get your first box for just $10. 


I've never had hummus before so I was excited to try this. When I opened it, there were several packets that you squeezed into the tub and mixed. It even came with a wooden spoon for mixing.

This is what it looked like after it was mixed. Reminded me of glue and I didn't care for the taste. Ken said he plans on getting another flavor of hummus for us to try but even the texture of this was gritty and not my favorite experience. It looks like something I would patch holes in walls with, not eat. lol So this turned out to be something that we really didn't like. 


I also made the Korma simmering sauce with some chicken, steamed rice and sauteed broccoli. I don't eat rice often but I had a little that night. For me and Ken too this sauce was just alright. it wasn't good on the rice and I ended up not eating most of that but on the chicken it was just alright. Not something that I would buy again. 

Have you tried any of these products?

34 comments:

  1. I'm really glad they do a British version but I can't eat anything like that crap anymore. I have to eat good shit now which is a pain in the arse to be honest to be honest. I love junk food. I've spent so long in hospital though that it would be a waste if I give in now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting trying new things but I completely understand what you're saying.

      Delete
  2. This is interesting. It'll be fun to try new things. Alas my Steve is anti-subscription boxes so we probably won't try something like this even if they are available where we are (which it's not).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had fun trying out different subscription boxes.

      Delete
  3. Falcor giving approval is a win too...I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hummus, but only the refrigerated kind you buy at the store! That does not look good! I tried plantain chips at a restaurant last month and loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the store bought hummus but this was awful.

      Delete
  5. first I've seen a welch fruit roll

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stock you get there. I'd probably eat the hummus right up and maybe the welch fruit roll as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get a lot of stuff in that box, and it all seems so different. I like hummus normally, but your description doesn't make it sound promising.(lol) The other things look really yummy though. You always find cool stuff! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try a different brand of hummus because this one was awful.

      Delete
  8. I have never tried hummus

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried this box but have tried a few others. I like the surprise aspect of it but don't like how most boxes won't let you customize your box in any way. There are certain things that we can't/won't eat so they don't really work out for us. I'd definitely try hummas again as this picky eater actually liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the surprise aspect of it and usually give my daughter what we don't want.

      Delete
  10. Another great box of goodies! I loved reading through this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now this definitely looks like something my fat ass can get behind. P:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you received a good box of things this time too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's fun to rip open new stuff and give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Subscription boxes are such a fun way to try new products! Looks like an interesting mix for you this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love fig bars, there is something about figs that just warms my belly. I just realized I love hummus, it took awhile but now I’m hooked. It takes a while to fall in love with it. The texture used to bother me, but Ken is right you have to try different flavors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like fig newtons but most others I don't.

      Delete
  16. Looks like a good array of yummy things :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lots of different things for you to try!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.