Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Recipe: Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apples with a Crumb Topping


So Ken wanted some sort of baked apples for dessert one night but neither of us like regular baked apples so I threw this together. I wasn't sure what to call this one but it was good. 

You'll Need:
5 small apples, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBSP. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 TBSP butter
1/2 cup. water


Crumb Topping
In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon cold butter until mixture is very lumpy. 


What to do: 
Add sliced apples to a pan.
Add water, cinnamon, flour, sugar, and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until apples start to get soft...about 7 minutes. 

Add apple mixture to a baking pan and top with crumb topping. Bake for 30 minutes at 350F. 

Do you like baked apples? 

Have you ever just started throwing ingredients together not really knowing what the end result is gonna be? lol I do that all the time. This one turned out good. 

32 comments:

  1. 'Mazin' Mary! Wow! This sounds delicious and I'm so impressed that you just tossed it together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I had to write this one down since Ken liked it so much.

      Delete
  2. Wow, yum! This looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had baked apples, apples just as they are are fine by me though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baked with sugar makes them sweeter.

      Delete
  4. That sounds yum and I'll bet it smells yum too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make this when I have apples to get rid of. Sometimes I use less sugar and throw mini marshmallows on top at the end of baking till they get brown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh mini marshmallows sound good. I'll have to try that.

      Delete
  6. I always throw ingredients together. Sometimes I think I'm going one way and the formula goes another. Like yesterday morning when I made a potato bake. So fun to do that.

    Yes, love baked apples. Love them to bits.

    Your bake looks yummy.
    Cheers & Happy Spring 🌻

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apples and cinnamon are just made for each other ...
    Yum!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, looks a little like apple crisp but with bigger slices of apple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had apple crisp. I'll have to look that up.

      Delete
  9. This sounds delicious, I wish I could eat it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yum..and I bet it smells fantastic baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to make this! Sadly the rest of my family doesn't like it as much as I do so I don't make it very often but it is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy! I would totally be able to make this one gluten free as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love baked apples. I am going to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.