Sunday, April 29, 2018

Apartment Life #25


This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.

A while back I took a video recording of my neighbors arguing and I said it went on for 3 hours, well these are those neighbors. Last week I heard from other neighbors that they started arguing at midnight and then about an hour into their loud arguing, one of them busted the living room window out from the inside. I was already asleep by that time so I didn't hear a thing. The next morning when I took the dog in the courtyard this is what I saw. They had taped cardboard to the big hole in the window. 

The manager still doesn't know about it but when she does find out about it she'll tell them the same thing she's told others. It's $75 up front to replace the window. If they don't pay for it, it will not get fixed. It's gonna be hot as hell pretty soon and you don't want that big hole in your window letting the cold air out and the hot air in. They have 3 small kids in that apartment. I feel sorry for them. 

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

32 comments:

  1. Insanity! Who picked up the broken glass?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing the porter or maintenance person did when they walked through that morning.

      Delete
  2. Nutballs indeed. Poor kids though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they fight all the time and the kids see it.

      Delete
  3. You'd think they'd be at risk of eviction for something like that, especially if they have a history of other bad behavior.

    If they argue so violently that a window gets broken, eventually somebody's going to get hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The manager hardly ever evicts anyone because as long the apartments are rented she gets a monthly bonus.

      Delete
  4. The lowlifes will be having a hot summer because they don't want to pay 75 dollars

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, that's sure crazy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You'd think the landlord would use this as an excuse to kick them out. I feel bad for the kids. Hopefully this incident woke them up and they can be a bit more mature in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way little ones she be in the heat. I hope they get that window fixed soon. They sound like such fun neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Insanity! There were gunshots in our neighborhood last night, and the police didn't leave until around 3 this morning. The last time this happened, a guy fired his gun around kids on Easter because they were "being too loud."

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I would be so scared to live there long term!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You feel sorry for them? They broke the window, they reap the consequences. Never a dull moment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If they don't clean up the area and fix the window they should be tossed out.

    It doesn't seem like a safe home for children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think so. I doubt the manager will do anything.

      Delete
  12. It's sad that the kids have to be raised by people like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Poor kids having to deal with that. I don't understand arguing like that. smh

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.