Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Review: Banana Boat Dry Balance Sunscreen Lotion

*Click on picture to enlarge*

This year I knew that I was going to have to get a sunscreen for my face or a foundation that had sunscreen in it. Since I haven't found a foundation with sunscreen that I like, I started trying samples of the different sunscreens that are out there. Most of them are really scented or very oily so when I received a sample of this in the mail I was hopeful since it said, "Helps you feel dry & fresh".  

I've now been wearing this sunscreen on my face under my foundation, powder,  ect and it really does stay dry. After rubbing it in, it has a matte finish that doesn't become oily later and the scent is very subtle, kind of like a baby powder type scent, which I like. It also has a SPF 30 so hopefully that will help prevent the weird sunburn I get around the sunglasses I wear outside when walking the dog. My nose and temple area got toasty brown last year by the time summer ended which looked weird when the rest of my face was still very pale. So I'm hoping to keep that from happening this summer and so far so good. It's been well into the 90's and 100's here recently and so far my nose and the rest of my face hasn't started to sunburn or tan. 

So I am going to give this product a thumbs up at this point because it sure does seem to be working the way I want. 

31 comments:

  1. Hey, that's great, Mary. I don't blame you for not wanting odd suntan lines around your glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure sounds like it does the trick. Yeah, wouldn't want to look weird lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunscreen is a good idea, always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review. I hate oily sunscreens for the face (or body). They always break me out. I use IT & Bareminerals but I have burned with the BE if not put on heavy enough so I'll have to check into this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far this is the best one I've found that works for my face.

      Delete
  5. it's great that you can use it in many ways

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have good luck with Almay foundation with sunscreen, but I have to order it online. I know what you mean about the sunscreens being oily. I can't put any type of lotion on my face without breaking out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that one. This is a good one though.

      Delete
  7. I would meeeeeeeeeeeeeely in that heat!
    I am glad you found a sunscreen that works on your face then

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heat is crazy here in the summer.

      Delete
  8. I've used a few foundations (tinted moisturizers or powder foundation) before with SPF and liked them but not enough to recommend haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to try this. I also get a weird tan line around my sunglasses by the end of summer and hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far no tan lines for me. It does work.

      Delete
  10. I really need to do better about wearing sunscreen. I usually avoid Banana Boat products since I don't care for the smell but maybe this one is different. I am glad that this is working for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell isn't over powering and there's no greasy residue so this one is really good.

      Delete
  11. I’ve never used a dry balance sun screen, I bet I would love it. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I didn't even know they made this until I got a sample of it.

      Delete
  12. I don't wear makeup or sunscreen, so I can't really comment on this! Haha! I haven't worn makeup in years (since my first pregnancy), and I've never had a sunburn (lucky).

    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dang you are lucky. I tan really nicely but my big nose seems to just turn red. lol

      Delete
  13. Sunscreen is always a good idea.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I prefer the spray on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the spray on for my face.

      Delete
  15. I like the idea of the baby powder scent, that's one of my favorite fragrances. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will have to look for this next time I go to the store. Most sunscreens are so greasy. I think I would really like this kind. I burn very easily, especially on my face.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.