Sunday, July 22, 2018

Apartment Life #37


This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.


Back in 2016 the people that lived in this apartment had huge fights and the police were called all the time. One night we heard a bunch of banging when we were in bed. The next morning I saw this. There were a bunch of holes in their door and one of my other neighbors said that some guy who used to live there with them had come back and when they wouldn't open the door he tried kicking it in. He didn't get in but he sure left his mark. I don't remember what the note on their door had said. They got kicked out about a month after the manager saw the damage to this door.


Oh and this week at 6am when I took Falcor for a walk, I saw some guy asleep in front of the door across from me 3 doors down. O.o

I didn't want him to wake up and see me taking the picture so I kinda hid behind the tree but you can clearly see his legs sticking out there. He slept there 3 nights in a row. The first night they left their chairs out and he slept in the chairs. After that they moved the chairs inside and slept in front of their door. He doesn't live there but he goes there to buy his drugs on occasion. I haven't seen him for a few days now. And yeah, that's one of the local drug dealing apartments. 


So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

37 comments:

  1. So, it's a known fact that a drug dealer lives there, and he's free, not in prison?!
    It must be rather spooky to live in the same area with a drug dealer and stumble upon his clients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. The police don't do a think unless they want to bust them. There are several drug dealing apartments in my neighborhood.

      Delete
  2. Since the police were called... shouldn't the landlords replace the beaten door, or at least make them pay for the repairs?

    𑁋 Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The door was replaced after they moved out in 2016. That second picture shows the new door.

      Delete
  3. "So I have this idea, it's horror movie based on the knock knock jokes"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:19 AM

    That certainly sounds like an awful week there at the apartments. I'm amazed that the landlord doesn't try and do something about it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as people are paying the rent, the manager could care less.

      Delete
  5. So the cops come for holes in the door but not drug dealers? Okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate that you have to go through this all this drama around your home. Home is where we should feel safe and at peace. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We keep to ourselves for the most part and none of this really effects us at all.

      Delete
  7. It is never boring at your apartment complex. Kind of scary to be so close to all of the craziness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so used to it that it doesn't even phase me anymore.

      Delete
  8. You crack me up with the photo taking! I would do the exact same thing, though! I picture the two of us saying, "Hurry up! Take that picture and let's get out of here!" Lol

    Good grief on the crap you deal with on a weekly basis, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see that. Ken was saying, "Don't get caught taking that picture. "Make sure he's asleep." lol It's sure never boring around here.

      Delete
  9. That's an awful thing to have so close.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeesh. That's scary. I wouldn't really feel safe having people sleeping outside a neighbors apartment only a few units away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just scary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deja vu again.
    We had an apartment next door on one side with what's commonly called domestic abuse. A lot of screaming and violence. On the other side, an apartment rented by many Hispanic men in a group. They were harmless except for sitting outside at night, DRUNK DRUNK DRUNK and singing into the wee hours. We didn't get a lot of rest when we lived there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those sound like great neighbors too.

      Delete
  13. Reminiscent of the purportedly Chinese curse 'May you live in interesting times'.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wtf? That's kinda creepy about that guy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your neighbourhood is a tad scary! I guess it's good that you can cope without freaking out every week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Life is never boring at your place!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have no shortage of weirdos around there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, it's always strange around here.

      Delete
  18. You sure do have some colorful characters in your neighborhood. Seems like there's never a dull moment there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's never boring that's for sure.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.