Sunday, July 29, 2018

Apartment Life #38


This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.





My awful neighbors in 2 different apartments not only have very loud obnoxious fights but they don't watch their kids. This child in the video is about 4 years old and he's outside by himself all the time. The kid in the picture is about 2 years old and is also out by himself all the time. There are 5 kids in total between the two apartments and they all like to stand or sit directly in front of my door and yell or bark at Falcor. Or like in the second picture they'll park their ride on car right beside my door and start barking trying to get my dog to bark at them.

They bang on my door, yell into my apartment and bark at my dog. This time he sat on his bike right in front of my door trying to get my dog to bark until I told him once again to get away from my door. I've asked his parents to keep him away from my door but they don't care so I've started documenting what I'm having to deal with. I took this video about 3 months ago when the weather was still nice enough for me to have the door open and every day that I had the door open the kids would do this or do what other videos have shown and just stand in front of my door and tease my dog.

So this is what we've had to do now to keep the kids from seeing in and teasing my dog and to keep Falcor from seeing the kids and barking at them. It's a thin piece of plywood that we just prop up against the door. So far it works for the most part but a couple of the kids have started running up to my door and yelling or barking. I went and asked their parents to keep them away from my door and they gave me the same excuse they always do, "Oh sorry, I didn't know." Yeah well you would have if you'd been watching your damn kid. 

I took the video and picture back in March so by now it's warm enough that we keep the door shut but for months we dealt with the kids doing this. Oh and one of the neighbors with 2 of the kids got kicked out because everyone was complaining about all the fights they were having. So now we only have to deal with 1 neighbor and their 3 kids. 

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

34 comments:

  1. haha and then there were 3. Get them kicked out and peace may return. So dumb how parents don't watch their kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The could at the very least watch their kids but they're too busy doing drugs.

      Delete
  2. Keeping a dog in an appartment causes issues. If the kids don't try to tease the dog, there will always be some neighbor who's annoyed by the presence of a dog and will do 'his best' to make the owner's life a misery.
    Life in a complex can be very..complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dog is not the issue. I've never had a problem with anyone else and my dog just these little brats. The brats are the problem not my dog. if these parents kept their kids inside or at the very least watched them while they were out there would be no problem.

      Delete
    2. I didn't mean the dog is the issue.The kids see in him an opportunity to play, and their parents don't care about their whereabouts.

      Delete
    3. Yes, that's very true.

      Delete
  3. Oh and one of the neighbors with 2 of the kids got kicked out because everyone was complaining about all the fights they were having.

    Well, that's progress. Thanks for the reminder of why I resolved never again to take a ground-floor apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's one 2 story apartment building in the next courtyard and they kids run up and down the stairs and back and forth across the front of the apartments. Parents these day just don't care to watch their kids.

      Delete
  4. I would be spraying them will dog pee frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Now that's an interesting idea.

      Delete
  5. Next step, trained hornets

    ReplyDelete
  6. Train the hornets to home in on the dog pee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What if you sprayed them with a water bottle? Oh you can't just walk over and do it, but you could have a little portable cart with plants on it, park it in front of your door, then 'water the plants' when the little people show up to annoy you. "Oops, I sure didn't mean to get you all wet!"

    I went storming out my front door several years ago when the K teacher from the school across the street had her class out for a walk. They were walking along my fence, my dog barked and they all started barking back, screaming, shaking the fence. I RAN out the door and yelled as loudly as I could, "DO NOT TEASE MY DOG!!! GET OUT OF HERE!!!"

    She gathered her class and crossed the street.

    God people are stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad for the kids, they are really young and have no idea what I'm getting mad at. They haven't been taught not to do things like this because they're parents sit at home doing drugs instead of taking care of them. The police have even come out and they do nothing. The only thing I can do is to keep telling the manager and hope she gets mad enough to kick them out.

      Delete
  8. it's quite complicated...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so sad when people won't take responsibility for their children or even spend the time with them. They'll be grown up before the parents know it and not only will they have missed out on quality family time, but the kids then don't have a great example to copy either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. The parents are too busy fighting with one another or doing drugs to care.

      Delete
  10. I'm so sorry you are having to put up with this. Parents should take responsibility for their children!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's annoying those kids are doing that and the parents don't care. The plywood does seem like a good solution, but it's too bad it's even necessary and you can't even have your door open without the kids stopping by and annoying your dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plywood does help quite a bit.

      Delete
  12. Poor Falcor. I'm sure this is all very traumatizing to him. And I'm not exactly Parent of the Year, but I can't even fathom letting my child roam around like that unsupervised and he's 7!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did when my daughter was little either.

      Delete
  13. I sure wouldn't want them looking into my open door.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really can't understand why these parents let this happen. These kids should even be outside unsupervised. I would be upset about it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just don't get people who don't watch their kids. smh

    ReplyDelete
  16. The plywood idea is great! Still allows for some fresh air and sunshine. Sorry that you have to resort to this though!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.