Thursday, December 12, 2019

Review: Conquer The Darkness by Alexandra Ivy


Book Description

As allegiances shift and new powers align for Alexandra Ivy’s Guardians of Eternity, one immortal defender knows the sweep of change brings danger—and possibility . . .

On the edge of the Mojave desert, out of the lights of Las Vegas, even a werewolf can expect a share of peace and solitude. For Ulric, the last surviving member of a pack hunted through centuries, it’s one of few places he’s willing to drop his guard. Until he spots Brigette, a beautiful wolf-woman he thought dead long ago. When he gives chase, he loses her—and discovers he’s being followed himself.

His pursuer is a zephyr sprite, Rainn, on the trail of a frightening prophecy she can’t predict or understand. All she knows is that Ulric is at its center. If he’s determined to find Brigette, she’ll do what she must to keep him with her.

When the search leads them to a place where Ulric’s ghosts and Rainn’s portents intertwine, a lurking evil waits to swallow them both. But as they fight for survival, their need for each other will become impossible to deny . . .


My Review

Ulric thinks he's the last of his pack until he sees a cousin that he thought long dead. His entire pack had been slaughtered over 500 years ago but there was no mistaking the females scent, she smelled like pack...his pack. But she vanishes almost as soon as he finds her and tells Ulric to forget he's seen her that it's too dangerous. There's no way he'll stop looking for her now that he knows she's alive though. 

Rainn is a rare Zephyr Sprite that also works in the place that Ulric works. She was watching the cameras and saw the supposed cousin wait to get Ulric's attention before running outside and disappearing. Rainn thinks it's a trap for him, knowing that he'll go after her but he has to find out what's going on even if it is a trap. So Rainn and Ulric team up and go after the cousin and find out what's going on. But they are confronted with danger at every turn in their search and as the danger gets worst, the mystery around the missing cousin gets real interesting.

While Rainn and Ulric are trying to figure out what the evil is and how to get rid of it, they find themselves owning up to their feelings, feelings they've had for each other for years but never acted on it because they've had bad things happen to them and have closed themselves off. But they can't lie to themselves any longer.

I think it's better to read this series in order to know who all of these characters are but I've only read two books so far and I think I caught up pretty good so it can be read out of order if you wish to. I really liked seeing some of the other characters from the other book that I read appear in this one. It's always nice to see characters that you know come back so you can see what they've been up to.

I liked how this book wrapped everything up at the end and how some hard truths and secrets came to light. I had a good time with this story. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. 

Disclosure: I was given a free ARC of this book via NetGalley but all thoughts and opinions are my own.

20 comments:

  1. It does sound good.
    I am wondering (which I know you can't tell me) whether the cousin really was a cousin, and if not how she smelt like pack...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a satisfying read was had indeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little behind on her books but I do enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read all the earlier books in the series, but need to get going with this latest batch she has written. Good to know that you had no trouble jumping in with a later book. Love that there is a mystery to the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read this one.

      Delete
  5. it's usually a hit or miss for me with this author

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had some pretty good ones lately!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when big secrets are finally revealed!

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? ☃💬

    ReplyDelete
  8. And that is what you should have, a good time witha book :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great book. You seem to be on a roll. :)

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.