Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Review: Hero's Haven by Rebecca Zanetti


Book Description

He’s her darkest fantasy. . .

After years of struggling, Haven Daly has finally accepted that she’s nuttier than a fruitcake. Why else would she see visions of a beautiful but tormented male every night . . . and actually believe she can talk to him, even feel his touch?  But thanks to those dream journeys, she can paint images nobody else on earth can duplicate. In each brush stroke, she captures the blatant masculinity and raw desire in his eyes that promise he’s coming for her…and soon.  

She’s the light that keeps him going. . .

Quade Kayrs has already suffered a lifetime of pain and torture. Completely isolated, he kept his sanity  thanks to one beautiful female, a vision with kind emerald eyes. In the end, her soft voice led him out of hell. Now, naked and alone, he’s in a strange world that bears little resemblance to the one he left behind. All he knows is Haven.  All he wants is Haven.  His final mission? To protect her from the evil hunting them both—whether she likes it or not . . .


My Review

Quade is part of a super secret group of warriors that keep Earth protected from the evil Ulric. He has spent centuries in another realm where he has spent his long life being tortured and endured unimaginable horrors. But as a vampire-demon hybrid he kept coming back to life when he died, and so he lived a long time in the hell world he was trapped in. When his world starts to collapse around him it's Haven that helps him escape and bring him to Earth.

Haven's adoptive parents thought there was something seriously evil about her because of the visions she had and her nightmares. They treated her so badly, I really felt bad for her. But she had visions of Quade for years and never knew whether he was real or a figment of her imagination. 

Quade thought he would die all alone in the realm he had been for so long, but Haven somehow comes to him and pulls him to Earth when she wakes from her nightmare. Something inside Haven pulls her to where he is and when she spots him, she believes him to be a delusion. She thinks she's crazy as hell and thinks everything that happens for a time is just in her mind until he finally convinces her of everything he's been telling her. 

Of course there's more than one bad guy after them which makes it harder for his family to track him down since Quade and Haven to keep moving. But once his family did find them we see some characters from previous books which was nice. These characters all have great personalities but I especially like Hope who is one of the kids and I have a feeling she'll be quite the character as she gets older. 

This book is filled with danger, action, excitement and romance. I've only read a few books in this series but I love these books. I might be reading them out of order but I will get around to reading them all at some point. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

Disclosure: I was given a free ARC of this book via NetGalley but all opinions and thoughts are my own. 

46 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful blog! The topics you write about are very close to me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

    I follow you through GFC! If you want, go to my blog :)

    MY NEW POST: BLOG ISSUE♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echoing natalia2004/1989: It does sound interesting with some very different premises explored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very different. I love the world this author has created.

      Delete
  3. 3 things in one making it a winner. Out of order though? My ocd doesn't like that lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping for more five star reviews this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to try this author

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh a 5 Star I really want to read her too, so it's going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to give this series a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had fun with this one, it does look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, fun that you're reading them out of order and still getting a stellar read. I've read all the older books from the series and only the first two in this new season. Sounds like its still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really liking these books too.

      Delete
  11. Good review, it's great to come across an interesting and good read. Depending on a series that I'm reading, I like to follow the books in order simply to see the characters develop but I also find that they will give you some flashbacks so you know what happened before. Glad you enjoyed the book.
    Have a fantastic evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a few of my books from NetGalley and sometimes I can't get them in order so I just read what I can when I can. lol

      Delete
  12. I really need to read some romance soon. This sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The danger and crazy world this also has makes it so much fun to read.

      Delete
  13. I've only read two books by Zanetti: Forgotten Sins and Sweet Revenge. But I liked them both. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it. I hope you get a chance to read this as well.

      Delete
  14. That is some serious dreaming going on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? And I thought my dreams were crazy.

      Delete
  15. It sounds a lot like a Gena Showalter series I used to read. I haven't read any PNR in so long and I miss it.

    I'll keep this one in mind.

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another five, bravo! Why is that guy staring at his crotch? Never mind, maybe I don't want to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Maybe he's just looking at the floor.

      Delete
  17. This sounds so good! I have so many of her books on my tbr pile. I really need to get back to reading Zanetti. Glad you enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you get to read her soon.

      Delete
  18. Five stars. I have heard great things about this author. I like the idea of the different realms and all that. I will have try and read this author and series.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need this book in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the sound of this! I also found out that Zanetti is signing at the author event I'm going to in June so I think I'll add this one to the TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a few books by this author on my TBR shelf. You make this sound so good! Is this a series that needs to be read in order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think the series would make more sense read in order.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.