Saturday, February 08, 2020

Scrapbooking With Mary

I don't know if any of my followers scrapbook at all but I thought I would show you what I've been up to this week. I had some pictures printed up just for this and decided to pull out all my scrapbooking supplies and do a few pages. First thing I do is figure out what pictures I want to make pages for. Lay out the embellishments, tools and colored papers. 

Then find the background paper I want to put it all on. I like to put everything on the background paper and see how it will look before I start gluing things down. 

There are kits available with background papers, stickers, cutouts, and everything you'll need to make a few pages. 

And on the back of the kits are ideas of what kinds of pages you can make with the supplies. 

You can even buy magazines filled with ideas for pages. I found this one really helpful. 

It has page after page of different layouts that you can do.

After I've figured out what kind of page I want to make, I lay out the glue, punches, tape and glue dots or whatever I'll be using to stick it all to the background.

Here's a few pages that I had already made to give you an idea of what I've done. This one was a birthday.


And this one was one of Ken's fishing trips. 

The one I decided to do this week was with a couple of pictures my daughter took of her with me and Ken. 

And then I did another of my daughter and grandson. 

I keep all of the supplies that I use the most in a scrapbooking bag with a lot of pockets. This thing is full! It weighs a ton but it zips up and I can keep it in the corner out of the way. 

I also have a box of supplies that are mostly extras or doubles of things that I use all the time. I like to get colored or patterned papers that are in different sizes to use on the pages because it's easier than trying to cut it straight myself. lol 

I could spend hours in places like Michael's or Jo Ann's craft supply because they both carry a lot of scrapbooking supplies and I am always looking for new things I can use. 

Have you ever done any scrapbooking? What crafts do you do?

38 comments:

  1. I have never attempted scrapbooking, but am always impressed with those who do.
    I used to do cross stitch and patchwork but my hands and my eyes rule them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a scrapbook person, I just rely on my (pretty awful) memory. But my partner has loads of photo albums. My father used to keep quite exhaustive holiday scrapbooks - everything would go in, including bus tickets and hotel receipts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loads of photo albums too. If I have tickets or other things I put those in the scrapboks as well.

      Delete
  3. These pages look so fabulous darling!!! As you already know I scrapbook too, I will have to share some of my digital pages sometime. But I also do other crafts like crochet, cross stitch, and these spiritual scripture journals (similar to scrapbooking) I do. Crafting is so fun and healthy for the soul because it feeds the creative side of us and that is empowering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pages you did sure turned out great. Never tried it at my sea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool! I like your pages. I've never attempted to scrap book but I like the idea of it. I used to do a lot of crafting (and have a lot of supplies left over that could go towards scrap booking) so maybe this year I'll give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made scrapbooks a few times for special occasions like a graduation. It's a very satisfying hobby. I've done lots of crafts over the years like embroidery, cross stitch, clay and painting but don't do anything now besides blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried a lot of different crafts too. Most of them I tried once and never again.

      Delete
  7. I've put together more photo albums than scrapbooks, and mostly for trips I've taken. But I love the idea of scrapbooking. I just never seem to have the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understandable, it is time consuming.

      Delete
  8. Oh fun! I haven't done scrapbooking pages in a while, but I do love doing it. You've got some cool kits and punches and I like seeing your family life pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There are so many embellishments and kits available now it makes it easier than ever to do.

      Delete
  9. Id sure need help, cos I'd be clueless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of sample pages, magazines and websites that can give you ideas.

      Delete
  10. I don't really do crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That all looks so nice, it's quite obvious you really like doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sister used to scrapbook but I never did try it. I have done so many other crafts that it is kind of surprising I never gave this one a try. I love the pages you shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've done other but never stuck with them.

      Delete
  13. I use to scrapbook, but hadn't done anything creative in awhile. Now I've been working on my planner, and in a lot of ways it reminds me of scrapbooking. I'm using really neat stickers, washi tapes with different designs, nice pens, glue sticks etc. I love your pages!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few of my blogger friends have planners but I've never done that. Thank you and thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  14. Since 1994 I've been doing a scrapbook of things in the news. The first thing I had in the first scrapbook was the OJ Simpson arrest and I've covered every main news event since then. It's a lot of work. At the moment I'm ploughimng through 2012, getting stuff fitted in to the scrapbook but it's like a complicated jigswa puzzle! I haven't done craft scrapbooks since I was a kid! It looks like you have a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I do have fun with it. Have a great week.

      Delete
    2. Ugh sorry about all the spelling mistakes in my comment! How embarrassing!

      Delete
    3. Oh you have no idea how many times that happens to me and I read it after and just shake my head. I knew what you meant.

      Delete
  15. I had done some scrapbooking when my dogs were younger. I kept track of everything lol

    I'm not super craft but I try things here and there.

    Karen @ For What It's worth

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried to get into it when my girls were in grade school, but I just didn't have the patience for it. I'm glad you seem to be enjoying that craft though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, some crafts are easier for me than others.

      Delete
  17. What fun!! Your pages look great! I used to scrapbook in high school but fell away from it in college. I may have to start up again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never tried scrapbooking and don't really have the space to spread out all the papers at the moment, but it does look like a hobby I would enjoy. I love the colours you've put together

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.