Sunday, April 26, 2020

Apartment Life #200


This is a new weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 20 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 20 years here in a weekly blog post.


This week I spotted several police cars on my street, just one building down from me while I was out with Falcor. I found out that someone who lived in that building had died. I don't know if it was natural or suspicious. 


The ambulance came but left soon after.


Same for the fire truck. They came and left pretty quickly. The coroner came later and then everyone left when they took the body out. 


My daughter spotted broken glass near the laundry room. 


Looked up and saw that the window to the laundry room was broken. 


The apartment manager hasn't been here in weeks and so the laundry room has been locked as well. I don't know if someone got mad that the door was locked or they wanted to get in there and do some drugs which is why they started locking it in the first place. 


And I spotted a mattress in the rocks across from my apartment complex. A couple of the homeless people had been sleeping there at night. 

Life Update: 

Ken came home a couple of days ago and he's doing good. We have a house call doctor coming and physical therapy coming to the apartment every week. Our daughter is still doing well after her hospital stay and the allergy medicine seems to be working well since she's allergic to my dog. Oh and I talked her into blogging and her new blog is Lizzie's Enchantment if you'd like to visit. 

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

52 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Ken and your daughter are doing better.

    That must have been a suspicious death. They wouldn't send three police cars every time somebody dies of natural causes.

    Broken windows and suspicious deaths can be scary, but not as scary as your nutjob mayor. If she goes ahead with her plans, be extra careful for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking about the death too.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Your neighborhood is never dull. Happy to hear that Ken is doing better.. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never dull around here. Thank you, he's is doing better.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful to hear that Ken and your daughter are doing better.
    And yes, that has to be a suspicious death with that many emergency services coming by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was thinking the same thing.

      Delete
  4. You know I'm thrilled to hear about Ken and your daughter, and I enjoyed her blog so much. Continue to be careful, and we're sending lots and lots of hugs, RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are staying in and away from everyone.

      Delete
  5. Good news about Ken and your daughter. Mattresses are nearly impossible for me to move around, so I'm always surprised to see one laying outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you. Me too, I couldn't move one by myself.

      Delete
  6. Happy to hear your family is doing better! 👍✨

    Stay safe. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great they are both doing well! Glad you;re not alone anymore, either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy to hear that your daughter and husband are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy to hear that the family is doing well and is on the mend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear your family is doing better. I think the neighborhood could do better too. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish the neighborhood was better.

      Delete
  11. I'm happy to read that Ken and your daughter are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes. I was glad to see Ken home and working that walker. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's getting around pretty well in his walker.

      Delete
  13. That's strange to see that mattress lying there out on the street.

    That's good news that ken is home and doing okay. And that your daughter's medicine is working, that's unhandy she's allergic for your dog :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the first mattress I've seen out there.

      Delete
  14. So glad Ken is home and doing okay! Let's hope there's a little less drama in your life this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad Ken is doing well.

    All the best and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad that Ken is home and you are able to get the doctor and therapists to come to your house. I am glad that your daughter's meds are helping. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no sorry to hear about the loss of life.

    Glad to hear Ken is home.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope the family of decease is coping with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your 200th post! That's an amazing accomplishment in itself. I'm happy to hear your loved ones are doing better, and hope things settle down around your home while everyone is stuck in place. I also think it's great you talked your daughter into blogging! Good influence, Mom! ;)

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear?😷 💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thanks. I don't know if she'll stick with it. We'll see.

      Delete
  20. Even staying home in the same clothes everyday you need to do the laundry eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad you have Ken home again. I'm sure that's a big weight lifted.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am happy he is home again

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad he’s home and happy to hear about your daughter! Hopefully things keep looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Glad to hear your husband's home and doing well! I'll have to hop over to visit your daughter's blog.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm so glad to hear that Ken is back home with you. It'll be a relief to be together again what with virus quarantine going on. It's good that your daughter is better after that horrible scare.

    Maybe that death was a drugs overdose...

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so glad Ken and your daughter are doing better. I hope Ken continues to improve. Hopefully whoever died went peacefully. . .

    I am glad your daughter is blogging now. :-)

    Have a good week. Stay safe and well, Mary.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.