Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Review: Forbidden Blood by R. L. Kenderson


Book Description

A repressed vampire princess. A handsome stranger. A forbidden night that changes everything.

Next in line to lead the vampire species, Naya Kensington is set to mate with a male of her parents’ choosing. But before she’s trapped in a loveless relationship forever, she breaks the rules and crosses the river to attend a new nightclub.

Discontent and numb, everything changes when she meets Vaughn Llewelyn. He’s unlike any human she’s ever met before, and he makes her feel something again.

What Naya doesn’t know is that Vaughn is a cat-shifter, and once he senses Naya, he and his cat want her.

Breaking her own rules, Naya takes Vaughn home for the night and does the unthinkable.

She drinks his blood. Something she’s only allowed to do from other vampires—and never from a male she’s not mated with.

Neither Naya nor Vaughn could imagine how this act will change both of their lives forever…as well as the world of everyone around them.

Forbidden Blood is the first book in R.L. Kenderson's hot paranormal romance series. If you like alpha males, spicy supernatural characters, forbidden love, and steamy sex, then you'll love the first installment in this page-turning series.


My Review

Naya is the vampire princess and she's expected to marry a vampire that her parents choose for her. But she knows that as soon as she's married she'll be unhappy in a loveless marriage and having kids out of duty. She's not happy about the turn her life is about to take so she goes out to a club with her human best friend. 

Vaughn is out at a club with his friend Sawyer when he spots Naya and later comes to her aid when a drunk is hitting on her and doesn't want to take no for an answer. 

Naya and Vaughn are instantly attracted to each other but Vaughn has a secret that Naya doesn't know about. He's not the human that Naya thinks he is, he's much more so when they spend the night together things happen and now both of their lives are going in directions neither of them ever saw coming. 

There are side stories with secondary characters that I hope we'll be seeing in upcoming books like Sawyer and Naya's best friend Kenzie. Sawyer gives Kenzie a ride home after Naya leaves the club with Vaughn, he's grumpy and standoffish but Kenzie finds him drop dead attractive, not that she plans on telling him that with the bad attitude he has. But it was so obvious to me that Sawyer felt something for her because the way he was acting jealous of the guy she was dancing with at the club and the way he kept looking at her. 

This is the first book in the series so it was nice getting to know a lot of the characters that will be in subsequent books.  Naya's parents aren't always nice or take Naya's feelings into consideration before they make a decision about her and at times in this story that really made me mad. I can only hope that they chill the heck out in this series. I don't want to give too much away but Naya and Vaughn are such a sweet couple. You can just tell that they really love each other and belong together but there are so many things in there way. 

There's a huge twist near the end of this book that totally took me by surprise, but has me wanting the next book right now! I need to know what happens next. I just love when that Happens. I can highly recommend this book, it was a lot of fun and kept me guessing. 

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

29 comments:

  1. I hope you don't have to wait toooo long for the next in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will the readers be able to count all the abs in the book cover, though? 💪🏻😏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had so much fun with this one and hope you had a nice Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you made me go over and grab these through KU. i have it free for another three weeks or so and i'll do my best to get through as many as i can before the free period ends
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's great. I hope you enjoy them.

      Delete
  5. I swear, someday I'm going to do a blog post or blog week where I read books you've read. You find the most interesting books. I love the premise for this one.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really appreciate that.

      Delete
  6. You do find the most interesting books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so curious about Vaughn the way you describe him and her parents sound like a real trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm now i want this bc Vampire, 1st book in a series and well your review too :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love those twists you don't see coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you really enjoyed it. I'm not a huge fan anymore of vampires. I'm sure that will change.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've had some great vampire reads lately! I love that this one adds the traditional story of an arranged marriage and kind of turns it on its head!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow....this book sounds so incredible here!! I need some vampire lovin' ....it feels like forever since I have read a good vampire romance.

    Lovely review Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I immediately went looking for this one after reading your review.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.