Sunday, May 16, 2021

Apartment Life #252

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 23 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 23 years here in a weekly blog post. 

While I was out walking Falcor I spotted this window had been smashed and punched. This is my elderly neighbor who a few weeks ago had a broken cheekbone from his homeless brother. He told me his brother came by and broke out his windows after the police found him and served him with a restraining order. I haven't seen the homeless brother around here for a while but he came by to do this apparently. On the right side there's just a few jagged pieces left of the window and on the left side there's a hole punched in the window.

----

The police were parked right in front of my bedroom window the other day for a fight that was going on across the street. A couple male and female had been arguing the night before and then again this morning. I guess someone across the street got tired of them standing right in front of their windows and yelling. I didn't see anyone go to jail. 
----

There were 3 police cars parked outside the office courtyard when I came out to walk Falcor and then they moved down the street to this point. I have no idea why they were here.

And then about 30 minutes later when I went to go to bed, I looked out the window and 2 of the police cars were down the street a little ways. They stayed down there at least 30 more minutes. I thought maybe they were planing something more but no, they left later on. I guess they just had a lot of talk about. 

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

49 comments:

  1. The emergency services spend a LOT of time in your street. Perhaps they could set up a branch office there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe they should all get apartments there. Sounds like just another fine day in Blissville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be interesting to have the police living here.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Mary!

    It seems like you and Falcor get an eyeful every time you take a walk around the apartment community. It's a shame your elderly neighbor needed to obtain a restraining order against his own brother.

    I agree with Elephant's Child. First responders are a familiar sight in your complex, an observation that is both disconcerting and comforting. By the way, I'm thinking about having my name legally changed to Nick Stokes because it's so cool.

    Have a safe and happy week ahead, new friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick Stokes like from CSI?
      We do sometimes get an eyeful when we are outside.

      Delete
  4. It’s shocking about the window. Do you think he was able to do that with his hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. If he did he probably needed stitches.

      Delete
  5. If he punched that window, he spent some time in the emergency room. So much for the restraining order working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm worried about your elderly man now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has a younger brother that lives with him there. I don't see much of him though.

      Delete
  7. Never a dull moment around there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like someone needs bars on their windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they would let us have bars but they won't.

      Delete
    2. Then some scorching laser beams?

      Delete
  9. I feel bad for your poor neighbor with his broken cheekbone...and window!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Domestic violence is ,sadly, a constant topic nowadays. As long as it doesn't get to killing, people lose interest considering it an internal 'family affair'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Elephant's Child is on to something, they need a police substation at your place, it would save lots of miles and gasoline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken used to invite the police over for coffee so they could look out the window and watch what's going on over here but they never took him up on it. lol I think they should have a substation close too.

      Delete
  12. Clearly the restraining order isn't having much effect and something tougher is needed. And yes, bars on the windows would help.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Window man has some serious issues to deal with. Too bad they just can't lock him up for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that might solve it for a bit.

      Delete
  14. It only takes one or two bad apples to ruin it for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I swear it’s always something going on. Never boring…

    ReplyDelete
  16. The police seem to hang out a lot in your neighborhood. The homeless brother must be a real piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The police are here all the time or nust driving down the street. Yes, the homeless brother is really something but he's on drugs so expect the unexpected.

      Delete
  17. I bet you could write a book.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lotsa police this week. And wow about breaking the windows out...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't believe it when I saw the Windows.

      Delete
  19. They were a lot there this week... Poor guy for his window

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel so bad for your neighbor. He has such issues with his brother and it seems he's always trying to help him the best he can.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel bad for your elderly neighbor. It would be so hard to have a relative that you just can't help.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope they can catch your elderly neighbor's brother for violating the restraining order and put him in jail. 😐

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.