Sunday, June 13, 2021

Apartment Life #256

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 23 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 23 years here in a weekly blog post. 

----

I found out that my frail, elderly neighbor *the one with the homeless brother who broke his cheekbone a few weeks ago* passed away. I hadn't seen him outside for a few days and I had a bad feeling. He lived with another brother in that apartment and I gave him my condolences. I haven't seen the homeless brother around since he busted out their bedroom window some weeks ago.

---

This week we have the tale of Jessica and Mikey...the local homeless meth heads that argue all the time. They are also the couple that broke into the shop a couple of years ago and broke through the wall to get into the vacant apartment next door. Yeah, these are great people. They are always getting into trouble around here. So while I was out walking Falcor, I noticed Jessica checking out this truck with the large tarp in the back that was across the street. So I came home and set up my camera and waited...

And then it happened. She got up in the back of the truck and dove under the tarp. She climbed down and went back up a couple of times. 

She was looking around and pulling stuff out of the back of the truck but it was small stuff so I don't know what all she stole off the truck. 

And then her boyfriend walked up and she started yelling at him like she always does. I seriously don't know why he puts up with her abuse and she is abusive. She is always calling him a fat b*tch, or a stupid little b*tch. And she hits him, I've seen her punch him right in the face. He'll try to hold her in a hug and she'll start screaming about how he's hitting her and for someone to call the cops. She screams at him that when the cops come they'll believe her and he'll go to jail and then she'll start hitting him or biting his arm. This has been going on for years. 

After she yelled at him and called him names, he left. Then I watched her dive under the tarp again and she stayed there for about an hour. I think she fell asleep because she looked all out of sorts when she finally jumped down from the back of the truck. I was just surprised that the owner of the truck didn't come out and see her in the truck while they were loudly screaming at each other. It would have been kinda funny if the owner had started the truck and took off with her asleep in the back. Would serve her right. 

I saw them 'making their bed' by pulling the plastic tarp to the sides and securing it. But one side kept coming undone and they were getting so mad about it. 

Jessica took a break and let her man secure the tarp but he failed too. LOL But they dived under the tarp for a little while but that didn't last long. I saw them out walking around a little while later and were jumping in and out of the laundry room across the street where they do their drugs. Most times they don't even shut the door and I can watch them hitting the crack pipe from my bedroom window. 

And no I didn't call the police because every single time these two get arrested, they are out right away. I would have had to write a voluntary statement about what I saw and then testified, which isn't happening. So instead, I called the constables office and reported an abandoned vehicle. They came out and took a look at the truck and then left. "someone" I'm assuming Jessica or Mikey who have been using it as a drug den, moved the truck later that night to right in front of my bedroom window. Good grief. I'm just guessing that when the truck was maybe stolen and abandoned, the thieves left the keys in the car and now these two have them? I'm just guessing though. See that window with the window AC? That's my bedroom window. Why does everything happen right by my window? lol I don't know but these idiots have been waking me up at night when they start to argue. I'm waiting to see if the truck gets towed away at some point. But I won't hold my breath. 

One of the arguments went like this...

Jessica: You're just mad you can't have this *points at her crotch* because you're a fat pig. 
Mikey: I've had it. It wasn't that good. 
Jessica: *loses her damn mind and starts screaming* You know you want it, but you ain't getting it. 
Mikey: Calmly walks away. 
Jessica: Lays down in the back of the truck and starts scream/crying. 

They finally settled down later and went to sleep in the back of the truck.

---

The high this week was 103F

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

48 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your neighbour passed away. The poor man must have been one of the very few sane people around there. He deserved a better ending.

    And the couple? I mean...people don't even try to be inconspicuous around there LOL. Too bad they practically live under your bedroom window...I still don't understand why no one can't seem to do anything to make your place safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a nice guy, the brother that lived with him is a nice guy too.

      People don't even try to hide the crazy around here.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your neighbor. Getting a bone broken is really dangerous to an elderly person.

    The homeless brother should move in to the abandoned truck with Jessica and Mikey. Sounds like he'd fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt really bad that his own brother did that to him. He was a really nice guy.

      I'm surprised that truck isn't filled with the homeless people around here. They all seem to hang out together.

      Delete
  3. So sorry for your neighbour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about your neighbour.
    And smiling an Infidel753's comment. He is totally right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you don't want to call about them, you could call about the abandoned vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Mary!

    It's sad that your elderly neighbor man was a victim of violence at the hands of his own brother during the final chapter of his life. It might not be entirely tone deaf for me to conclude that he is now "in a better place."

    It makes me sad to read about the desperate existence of tarp divers Jessica & Mikey, living on the street and caught in a downward spiral of drug addiction, anger and abuse. It is even more depressing to know that you are at ground zero, forced to put up with their loud arguments and her violent outbursts. I'm surprised other neighbors haven't complained to the cops about them.

    Chin up, dear friend Mary. I wish you and Falcor a peaceful and happy Sunday and a very good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad that he was attacked by his own brother.

      I don't think people really pay attention to the craziness that goes on around here for the most part.

      Delete
  7. Sorry about your neighbor and I don't even know what to say about those other two!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, i have yet to see anyone hit a crack pipe, muchless a couple. Gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see people standing on the sidewalk hitting the crack pipe all the time. it's craziness.

      Delete
  9. Well, that was some entertainment on a hot summer day. I don’t think I’ve ever seen your apartment from that angle. It’s a shame because I bet that was a nice area when you moved in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a nice place when we moved in here. Nothing like this was going on.

      Delete
  10. So sad about the elderly neighbor that died!
    People are deep into their dealings with garden, critters, pets , and don't see the world around is getting crazy. Even within family, once considered the big anchor of life, there's theft, violence and murder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel bad about my neighbor.
      It's hard not to see what's going on around here but people just don't care I think.

      Delete
  11. Omg! These two are losers! Jessica sounds like a jerk and I can't help but feel a little sorry for Mikey. Jeez, you'd think the guy would just walk away. I guess there's never a dull day in your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think he would walk away but who knows what goes through the mind of a drug addict.

      Delete
  12. Sorry to hear about your neighbor, that's really sad. Dang, those are some wild truckers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sad and unexpected.
      The people around here are good for entertainment if nothing else.

      Delete
  13. Wow. Jessica sounds like a real winner. Sorry she's hanging out by your apartment all the time. What a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least they give me some entertainment that I can share with you all.

      Delete
  14. Good Lord... I don't know if I should laugh or just feel sorry for these methheads...

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's always fun in your neighborhood. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's sad news about your elderly neighbor. The other two are absolutely crazy. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's one crazy relationship between Jessica and her boyfriend. Goodness knows why he puts up with her violence and abuse. Especially if she won't allow him any sex. What on earth is he getting out of it, apart from drugs?

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's always hard to lose a neighbor who isn't crazy or annoying or both and wondering what the next one will be like.

    Jessica is one weird bitch. Maybe the boyfriend stays because she's pimping herself out to get the drugs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is.

      I would not doubt that one bit.

      Delete
  19. I am sorry to hear about your neighbor's passing.

    I kind of wish the driver had come out and driven away with her in the back too. . .

    I hope you have a good week, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. He was a nice old guy.

      I wish he had too. Dang, that would have been fun to watch.

      Delete
  20. Well, that was a doozie. I laughed myself silly when you wrote "So I came home and set up my camera and waited..." That couple reminds me of years ago, when two druggies moved into an apartment right next door to me. The guy was cool, but the woman was a handful. The owner had a talk with him, asked him why he put up with a woman like that. He said, "The sex is so good". But Mikey said, "It wasn't that good" so I dunno why he puts up with the abuse. My couple got moved out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew something was going to happen. lol I have no idea why he stayed with her.

      Delete
  21. Wow. I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor. And oh no they parked by your WINDOW? As if you don't have enough drama with them. I'm sorry though this made laugh!!

    " You're just mad you can't have this *points at her crotch* because you're a fat pig. "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that my neighbor had passed away. Poor old guy.

      These two are really something. I was laughing listening to them.

      Delete
  22. One couldn't make shit like this up! Sounds like something you'd see on television or something. Good grief!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I need my own reality tv show. lol

      Delete
  23. Sad about your elderly neighbor. Sad too that there was DV in the Home between the Brothers. As for the Tweaker or Crackhead Couple, sounds like a typical Substance Abuse relationship. In so many crime infested areas the Cops do not take it seriously when residents call about what would be immediately responded to in the better parts of the City. You deserve the same level of protection and response. Sorry most of this is right at Ground Zero by your Bedroom Window, not very Restful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sad. He was one of the nice people around here.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.