Sunday, September 12, 2021

Apartment Life #269

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 24 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post. 

---

In the ongoing License Plate Thief Chronicles... Another neighbor told my daughter that she was approached by the thief and another woman who were selling stolen license plates in the strip mall parking lot next door and wanted to know if she wanted to buy one. O.o What? Yeah. I could hardly believe it either. 

Then the next morning my daughter spotted the thief's car with a *new* license plate. But I don't know if you can tell from this picture, the plate is all bent to hell. LOL She sure as heck didn't get this plate from the DMV. First off they give you 2 license plates and they are not bent all to hell looking like they've been through a trash compactor. Then the next morning I realized that the license plate was gone again. She only puts the license plate on her car when she's driving it. Otherwise she takes the plate off and leave her car backed into her spot in the alley. Not strange at all. 

She probably knows that the police have been driving up and down our street and the alley and she doesn't one of them running her plate. I mean, it's just so obvious and she'll get caught eventually. Plus as you can see, there's no registration sticker on this license plate. She'll get caught...again. What an idiot.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted the plate number but I don't care. It's not like it's her actual plate. It's so obvious it's stolen.

---

I spotted the fire truck at the end of my street this week. Not sure what was going on but no police or ambulance showed up and they left a little while later. 

---

I did see the police in front of my apartment building at 5am one day but my stupid phone wouldn't take a picture because it said the SD card was full and by the time I got my camera, the police were already gone. So that's why there's no picture. 

----

The high this week was 101F/38C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

57 comments:

  1. She really doesn't give up does she? Hopefully she will be caught. Again.
    Your high temperature sounded pretty dreadful to me. Tomorrow we are going for a top of 12C - it was 24C yesterday. Spring temperatures are very changeable here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt she'll be caught.

      Delete
  2. License plates! Well, business is business I guess for them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a mess. I've read about this on your blog before, &... It's quite sad. 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that I'll be writing about this for a while.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes, a police car is parked by a building,because the policeman has rented an apartment in that building, and not because he was looking for someone. Apartments that are close to the police quarters are very sought after people working there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually don't bring the police cars home. They have their own cars they drive home. Plus the fire fighters wouldn't have been getting their gear out if that were the case.

      Delete
  5. I think I'd take great joy in calling the cops and turning her in again and again and again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did nothing to her the last time she had a stolen plate. They just took the plate.

      Delete
    2. I know. I don't get it.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Mary!

    A temp of 101 degrees must feel like a cold snap after the long hot summer you've been having, dear friend.

    This is the first I am hearing about a black market for stolen license plates. How much is the thief lady selling them for? Does she offer a bulk discount? I thought I'd order a dozen from her. They make great Christmas stocking stuffers. In your report last week, you told us that the thief lady got all bent out of shape when she suspected that you called the cops on her. Now it's her license plate that's all bent out of shape. :)

    Have a safe and happy week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lmao I don't know how much she was selling them for. That license plate is such a joke. It's so obvious that it's not straight from the DMV.

      Delete
  7. I'm following the saga of the licence plate thief with great interest. It can't be long before she's found out and gets her come-uppance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah if the cops do anything to her at all the next time.

      Delete
  8. Honestly, an entire TV series could be written based upon your apartment complex. Total madness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day a tv executive will see my posts. lol

      Delete
  9. Yes, it is a great conclusion that the DVS doesn’t give bad license plates. And I can’t believe this is the third week that people have been up to mayhem with their cars. Although I’m guessing it happens everyday. We have people who like to take the parking permits of others in my neighborhood

    ReplyDelete
  10. "she'll get caught eventually" ... hopefully sooner, rather than later, lose her driving privileges, gets her car taken away so she won't have to steal plates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hopefully. I bet she would still drive without a license though.

      Delete
  11. That she was selling them --- so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm guessing that a few people are missing their plates right about now.

      Delete
  12. You needed a new saga after the clandestine couple 😂.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crazy time around you guys. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every stolen car needs a stolen license plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I wonder if her car is stolen too.

      Delete
  15. I can't even.... she's so stupid with her plan that I can't help but laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. She's so gonna get caught.

      Delete
  16. Stolen plate person is pushing her luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. In 2010, when we were in Bristol (RI) and New Jersey, we really didn't see any police or Patrol around of the town or in the street. But when any criminal event happened they came to event in 3-5 minutes. Also we mostly saw them around the "Dunkin' Donuts". I dont want to see police or Patrol around but when any criminal event happens they must come to there fastly. Do you agree with me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if I called and it wasn't an emergency they usually take around 45 minutes. But if it's an emergency year, 5-7 minutes is average.

      Delete
  18. Selling stolen license plates....that's a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh let her know that I need a stolen plate! Haha kidding. Crazy huh?

    I think the cops should maybe just one up an outpost by your complex there- save them time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really should just rent an apartment here and set security cameras in their window. lol

      Delete
  20. Wow! I am glad I always park in the garage. I have heard of some breakins in this area but not too many. Do you connect up to the Sunday post memes? I didn't realize you had a blog. I'm kind of clueless at times. When I first started reviewing, I never visited blogs other than the 3-4 I knew as a reader. I know I've got some readers of my blog who are not bloggers. I follow a lot of blogs through Feedly now, mostly the ones who review the genres of books I prefer or book bloggers I think are interesting, but otherwise I get around to some others through the Sunday post.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I hadn't connected up my posts to the Sunday posts. I don't usually participate in any of the meme's that other bloggers do. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  21. It seems that some people lacks smarts.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now that's a person who doesn't think things through lol

    ReplyDelete
  23. So crazy about the license plates. I'm sure you're right that she'll get caught.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  24. And what's the value of a stolen license plate? Further, if someone is willing to buy a stolen plate, does that mean he or she is simply too lazy to steal their own? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what someone would pay for a stolen one. I think they are too lazy or had their license taken away and aren't supposed to be driving or just too lazy.

      Delete
  25. oh boy....selling stolen license plates? ppl do that? haha So crazy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Given how often the police visits, hope there are some hunks in the patrol so that you can at least have a weekly doze of ogling.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another relatively quiet week. You have been lucky! 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was fairly quiet but still plenty of drama.

      Delete
  28. The license plate thief sure is persistent!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.