Sunday, January 30, 2022

Apartment Life #289


This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 24 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post.


Last week I told you this apartment had been broken into through the bedroom window. Well, the one next to it was also broken into. If you look really closely you might be able to spot all the graffiti on the walls inside the apartment. Maintenance didn't bother boarding this window up for several days. They broke the entire glass out of one side. I hope it doesn't rain.


Maintenance boarded this window from the apartment next to it from the inside though.



And then I took a short video of one of the tweakers across the street. He was standing there sleeping standing up and his knee's kept looking like they were going to buckle. I thought for sure he was going to fall down but he didn't. 

----

On Thursday Falcor got me up at 7am to go out. I'm walking down the street and an older homeless man walks by me and says good morning. So I said it back and notice his jeans are only buttoned and the zipper is Down... and his eh, little soldier is hanging out of his pants. I just kept walking.

----
 

Yesterday the police helicopter was flying over my apartment complex and I got a short video of it when it stopped and I guess zeroed in on someone and then flew off. 


The high this week was 68F/20C
The low this week was 36F/2 C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

48 comments:

  1. I have not yet mastered the art of sleeping standing up.
    And suspect that little soldier is permanently unemployed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it was possible to sleep standing up. Must be a druggie thing.

    One of these days somebody's dog is going to mistake the "little soldier" for a hot dog being offered. Chomp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you could sleep standing either. Hopefully I don't see him or his little soldier again.

      Delete
  3. hahaha little soldier probably doesn't get much attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take thing I didn't need to see at 7am for a thousand, Alex...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That little soldier was purposely taken out and put on patrol when he saw you coming, but I don't understand what these perverts, young and old, get from doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never a dull moment around there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Mary!

    One would think that if the homeless and/or druggies were so determined to break into apartment units and sleep or do whatever they do, they would avoid marking the walls with graffiti. Doing so calls attention to the fact that they were trespassing and leads to the windows being boarded up again, forcing them to hunt for another place to do their thing.

    That vid of the tweaker made me sad. That's no life.

    That old man you passed, the one who flashed you with his junk hanging out of his pants, is lucky that Falcor didn't mistake it for a cocktail weenie and lunge at it. :)

    In central Florida this morning, our temp dropped below freezing. Have a great week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't care about other people's property. My dog probably would have gotten rabies if he had bitten him.

      Delete
  8. So gross on the little soldier. You’d think 7 am would be a safe time to walk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should see the abandoned homes in North Minneapolis. Nearly all of them have some sort of graffiti, its outrageous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, 7am is too early for stranger's... little soldiers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun times at the old apartment complex! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes people suck. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 7am and that guy is playing a game of who wants to be a pervert. Sick, too bad Falcor didn't bark at him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was too early for that kind of nonesense.

      Delete
  14. The guy probably said good morning just so you'd notice "his little soldier". What is it about guys that want everyone to look at it? What a dumbass.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You need a big, mean dog to walk.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Falcor is meaning than most Rottweiler's. lol

      Delete
  16. Yikes!

    I wonder who the plice were looking for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. They are here all the time.

      Delete
  17. You would think that they would board up any vacant unit. Crazy. Creepy about the man with his pants open. Be careful, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was nice you said good morning back instead of saluting the little soldier LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see his little soldier until I had already said good morning.

      Delete
  19. Some people are sure mindless.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well the weather is near perfect it seems. The rest of it is discouraging. When I walk Lulu, I see others walking there dogs and golfers. I don't like golf, but it keeps up the property value of this neighborhood.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see a lot of dogs but most of them are off leash.

      Delete
  21. That's quite a skill, sleeping standing up. I'd be incapable of that!

    So many men obsessed with their little soldiers. About time they grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sleep standing, huh? That's a new one to me.

    How you gonna walk around with a little smoky hanging out of your pants? Good grief! I'd be tempted to point and laugh at it to make him feel really stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  23. They had a manhunt yesterday in my county but far from my house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, glad it wasn't close by you though.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.