Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Book Review: The Bargain by Delta James

 

Book Description

The Devil knows ... when his mate is lying

I thought I could betray the Devil of Galway. I was wrong.

For two years I was undercover as the lover of the most powerful man in Ireland. The night my betrayal became known he believed I died.

Now I’m back and I need his help. I thought I could make a deal with the Devil. I should have known better.

My bargain with the Devil will cost me everything.

The Bargain is a enemies to lovers romance with steamy heat in and out of the bedroom for mature readers only. Contains a woman who has nothing left to lose and the only person who can help her... the ruthless man she betrayed years prior.



My Review

Con is the head of the O'Neill crime syndicate which was the Irish mob. He's also a panther shifter. He wasn't a nice guy but he had found what he thought was a kind of happiness with Moira/Katherine when he found her and realized she was his mate. But it wasn't to be because she was an undercover cop and for a while he believed that she had died...until she showed back up at a bed and breakfast and waited for him to come find her because she needed his help. 

Katherine goes looking for help because her sister Christie has been kidnapped. Her sister is a nun and was teaching women of a village to read when someone kidnapped her. When her boss and the church aren't able to help her, she decides to reach out to Con, not knowing whether he'll help or kill her on the spot for betraying him. 

After spending time in the witness protection agency after she had to fake her death because Con had been able to escape the charges she helped to bring against him, she thought she was free of him even though she missed him. But he agrees to help rescue her sister but she has to agree to be his wife, submissive and sign her life over to him. He's a Dom and he's mad and hurt because of how she betrayed him but now he has her and he won't be letting her ever go and she's signed a contract acknowledging that she now belongs to him.

When someone comes after Con and they find themselves in danger, they both realize just how much they care about each other. The ending was really good and I enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would. Con turned out to be a great guy in his own way. 

I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.


28 comments:

  1. Five out of five stars for them pecs and abs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's great when i find myself enjoying a book more than i anticipated and i do like kitty kats. :-)
    sherry @ <a href="http://www.fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I'd like that she has to sign her life over to him...or that he makes her do that before helping her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't like it at first either but he ended up not caring about that because he loved her.

      Delete
  4. I love that she's a cop and he's a crimelord on top of the shifter romance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate how you rated the 4out of 5. Many times I buy a self published book, and get so disappointed. The reviews on those books are always so glowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. If I don't like a book I let others know. I don't make it sound better than it was.

      Delete
  6. Sounds pretty good and I'm glad yo liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like shifter stories. This one sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enemies to lovers is such a great trope!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.