Sunday, March 27, 2022

Apartment Life #297

 
This is a weekly blog post that I'm calling Apartment Hell  Life. I've mentioned a few times some of the crazy things that go on in and around my apartment complex in the past 24 years that we've lived here and people keep telling me I should write a book. But instead of a book, I've decided to share the crazy things that have happened in and around my apartment complex in the last 24 years here in a weekly blog post.


My daughter and I heard yelling from outside the bedroom window and went to look what was happening. A couple from across the street were arguing while he was on the phone with 911. She kept hitting him, dragging him to the ground and trying to get the phone away from him but he just kept recording what she was doing while he was on the phone with 911. My daughter got this video of what he did when the police showed up a few minutes later. 


Just a quick video of the police talking to both of them separately. 

The police were looking at his phone so I'm assuming that he was showing him the video of her trying to pull him to the ground, hitting him, choking him and wrapping her arms around him, not letting him leave. 

While they were here the police took pictures of whatever injuries he had on his body from her manhandling him. 

They were here for about an hour. 

He showed them where they live and after they came back downstairs, the police talked to him a bit more.

My daughter couldn't get a good picture of the police car from the bedroom window so she went outside to get this. The woman was arrested and taken to jail.

----

This used to be the leasing office for my apartment complex. They just sealed, plastered over and painted where the door to the office used to be. Lol I guess they really don't plan on having on site manager's here again. Wow.

I have a feeling that they are going to lease out the 2bdrm apartment that is attached to the small office. But I wonder if they are going to seal off the office door inside completely or lease it as a 3bdrm apartment and say the office room is a bedroom too. That way they can triple the rent for that one apartment. 

It's actually just a 1 bdrm like all the other apartments here but one of the managers that had lived there remodeled one of the walk in closets to be a small bedroom for one of their kids. Thus making this a 2bdrm.

----


My neighbor who is off his medication did this for hours on Wednesday. We couldn't even keep the door open because he was so loud. I'm not trying to make fun of a guy with mental illness, I'm just showing what we're having to deal with while he lives 2 apartment's down from us. This is an everyday occurrence.

----
 On Saturday morning I saw the police in my courtyard. When they saw me, they asked if I heard gunshots the night before. I said yeah but didn't see anything. They were looking through the bushes for shell casings because someone called and reported that someone shot at another guy.

The little orange cones on the ground are where they found shell casings. This is right at the end of my courtyard. I walk through here everyday down by the trashcan where there's a big hole in the fence so I can walk Falcor by the wall.



The night before, my daughter, grandson and I all heard gunshots at midnight. I looked outside but didn't see anything so I didn't call it in. But the police I talked to told me to call that in next time so they can come take a look. I hear gunshots around here quite often so I guess I'll be calling them a lot. I didn't see any blood on the ground so I have no idea if anyone got shot.

The police were digging through the bushes right there and finding shell casings. The police were on the left side of the fence looking on the ground as well. And yes, that's a love seat turned upside down right there. Drug dealer tried walking through the police tape to throw his love seat away but the police stopped him so he just left it there.
----

The high this week was 94F/34C
The low this week was 52F/11C

So that's it for this week's Apartment Hell  Life! Be sure to come back next week for more.

57 comments:

  1. My god.
    I do hope you're prepared to defend yourself with more than a taser.

    What a crazy place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a gun if that's what you're asking. My mom's boyfriend shot himself in the head in front of me when I was 12. So I have a bit of an aversion to owning a gun.

      Delete
    2. No, not asking that question of anyone.Ever. At least not in writing on the internet. ;) I just mean you have various things stashed around your apartment in case some nut gets in. Just want you to be safe and it sounds like there's a lot of scary shit going on.

      Delete
    3. lol Yeah I do. I have an ax, a machete, a few knives and other goodies in case anyone tries to break in.

      Delete
  2. Aaaargh.
    The things you have grown to accept just do my head in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's crazy what one can get used to.

      Delete
  3. They just sealed, plastered over and painted where the door to the office used to be. Lol I guess they really don't plan on having on site manager's here again

    Or they want to make sure the next one can't ever leave :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a way too busy with crime week. I echo Elephant's Child's statement.
    At least they arrested the woman for beating the guy. I guess smart of him not to fight back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was actually surprised he never even pushed her away.

      Delete
  5. A lot of crazy this week. A walk in closet became a bedroom? I can’t even imagine that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was supposed to just be for that little kid, but the management company kept it that way.

      Delete
  6. Hi, Mary!

    The footage captured by you and your daughter would make a good episode of COPS or, perhaps more appropriately, Reno 911! The video and arrest of the woman prove that sometimes it is the woman who is the aggressor/offender in domestic disputes, not always the man.

    It can't be a good sign when the door of the apartment leasing office gets plastered over. Turning the office into a third bedroom of a new apartment for rent sounds like something they would do.

    Your neighbor sounds like he's rehearsing to become the newest member of the Backstreet Boys. Be thankful he lives two doors down rather than right next door.

    In your neighborhood, a night without gunshots is like a day without sunshine. Keep the police on speed dial.

    I wish you and my buddy Falcor a safe and happy week, dear friend Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shady. I'm just waiting to see who will rent that office apartment for the amount I know they are going to rent it for. Things around here sure were crazy this week.

      Delete
  7. That guy was smart to record his wife, otherwise she'd have accused him of domestic violence and his butt would be going to jail. That's probably why she tried to take the phone, cause she knew the cops would more than likely take her word for it without that evidence. I find it hard to believe the cops really want you to call every time you hear shots fired. I think he's blowing it out his ears, but will be interesting to see what happens when you call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both cops told me that this apartment complex and this street are hot spots right now for crime. And they are trying to clean things up. I might have mentioned all the drug activity going on at drug dealers house too. It will be interesting to see what happens if I have to call 911 a lot because of gunshots.

      Delete
  8. If you ever got peace around there you probably wouldn't know what to do lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah faintly remember what that is like. lol

      Delete
  9. I can't even get over everything you see and hear there! That would be years worth of activity here. Seems sad that they won't be having an onsite manager anymore. Hopefully having the police come more often will help (if you call every time you hear gunshots).

    Good luck and stay safe!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I won't be hearing gunshots for a while. But you never know. There's a lot of activity around here. More than there ever used to be.

      Delete
  10. I can't even imagine living with the level of crazy you do around your apartment complex... I'm glad you manage to take it in stride and have your taser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many more little things that happen around here that I don't even report too. I should probably add all the little things as well. lol

      Delete
  11. It's always a fun time at your place. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Scary and crazy times around your block. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, its real when you see the violence happening. This week a guy told me years back how he witnessed the aftermath of a shooting two fourteen year olds were having over a baseball cap and the father was killed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, yeah that would definitely be hard to witness.

      Delete
  14. This sounds like it could be a tv show. Such drama and possible endings are darn scary. Do you have bars on windows? Hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We aren't allowed to have bars but I do have window locks on all my windows.

      Delete
  15. Good thing the guy got the abuse recorded. Sounds like they don't make a good couple. Hopefully the mentally ill guy gets back on his meds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing he recorded her. She was nuts all over him like that.

      Delete
  16. No site manager? Yikes. they shouldn't be able to do that. Crazy too about the dude who got beat up lol.

    Looks like it's warming up in your area huh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No manager for almost 3 years. The owner owns several different apartment complexes so the managers for all the complexes are at one apartment office and it's not this one. It's almost impossible to get them on the phone but I can email and sometimes they'll respond.

      Delete
    2. Seems like that's always the case *sigh*

      Delete
  17. People who rent property are up to all the tricks, aren't they? Houses in the UK are often advertised as having so many double bedrooms when they're barely single bedrooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah if I look at the ad for this apartment complex it says it has a sparkling swimming pool too but it hasn't been open for 2 years.

      Delete
  18. Goodness, that has to be tough to put up with day in and day out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely hard to get used to.

      Delete
  19. There is never a boring day in your neighborhood. Stay safe, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. whew...glad yu guys are okay but that is more excitemnet than i want
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know one bedroom are almost impossible to find.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? They are a lot of them around here.

      Delete
  22. And they say I have interesting characters on my blog. Mine is nothing like what you endure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have some interesting people you write about too though.

      Delete
  23. Whoa its getting hot there 94! I don't think I could do it. I would move if I could. I hope you stay safe and well.

    Anne - Books of My Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Summers are hard but we don't have hurricane's, many earthquakes, flooding from the ocean, tornadoes or many other things like that to deal with, So I stay in the heat of the Summer.

      Delete
  24. Because of course you don't need a manager on site 🙄.

    I can't understand how there doesn't seem to be a single normal person around there except you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of people like my next door neighbor that we're friends with. The sane people stay inside and we never see them. lol

      Delete
  25. The people across the street, one house down have a young daughter who screams all the time. She'll scream for 10-15 minutes straight and then takes a 15 minute break. Now that the warm temperatures are coming they will be sticking her out in their yard all day. I don't know why they don't have her in a day program of some kind. When they first moved in some of us called the police because we thought she was being abused, but she wasn't taken away. 😐

    I don't bother reporting gunshots anymore because the police always say if I didn't see anything there is nothing they can do about it. 🙄

    I hope we can both afford to move to better neighborhoods someday. 🏡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The police told me to call if I hear gunshots so they can come take a look around in case someone in lying on the ground shot. it's happened before.

      I've called CPS before on some of the kids being outside in 50 f weather and nothing but a diaper for hours. Screaming kids are so irritating. There used to be a couple of kids that would stand at my door and bark at my dog.

      Delete
  26. You're a stronger woman than I am having to live in that mess. I'd be on edge all day every day if I lived in your neighborhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've gotten used to all the craziness because it happens so often.

      Delete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.