Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Low Carb Recipe: Baked Chicken and Broccoli casserole


INGREDIENTS FOR BROCCOLI CHICKEN CASSEROLE RECIPE:

2 large chicken breasts cut into bit size pieces.- seasoned and fried
2 broccoli heads, cut into small florets
1 tsp McCormick Roasted garlic and Herb seasoning
1tsp. McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning
1/4 cup chicken stock
4 oz cream cheese
 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
4 ounces of baby spinach
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
8 ounces white mushrooms- sliced
1 small yellow onion- sliced
Salt and pepper to taste


How to make: 

Season chicken breasts with the seasonings above and fry in a little oil until almost cooked through. Set aside for 10 minutes and then cut into small bite size pieces.

Add broccoli seasoning and broth to a pan, cover with lid and cook for 7 minutes. You want the broccoli to start cooking but to still be firm. Remove the broccoli from pan and add mushrooms, onions and a little oil. Cook uncovered until they start to turn a little brown. Add spinach and stir until spinach is wilted. Add the broccoli and chicken to the pan. 

 Then combine cream cheese, colby jack and heavy cream in another pan and cook over medium heat until melted and combined and pour over chicken. There might be a little liquid in the bottom of the pan but that's ok and will be absorbed when you put the leftovers away or you can just spoon a little over your portion.

Cover pan and put in the oven at 375ºF for 20 minutes.

I know my picture is awful but it was really good. 

Would you eat this?

30 comments:

  1. I bet it's delicious, but we just couldn't do the whipping cream and cream cheese along with regular cheese. We just don't eat much fat at our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cheese sauce was really good.

      Delete
  2. I am a vegetarian so would leave the chicken out, and like Alex would probably limit the cheese/cream mixture, It sounds tasty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely. It could be done without the chicken.

      Delete
  3. That sounds yummy. I like the combo of broccoli and chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Broccoli is always a great addition to any recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would eat it with fork. I did burrito and add mango to the chicken.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds yummy...especially with the cream cheese added in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds really pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does look delicious, Mary! Nice that it's low carb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good and it made enough for lunch for a couple of days too.

      Delete
  9. I love broccoli, I should buy more but my boyfriend is not a fan

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the kind of meal Jason loves. I haven't cooked in a while. I should make him this sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank sounds delicious. McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning is new to me. I'll keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You had me with all that cream. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy. I love casseroles. Easy to make and usually cheesy goodness.

    Karen @For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds yummy. My son still eats poultry, so I could give my pieces of chicken to him. 😊

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.