Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Low Carb Recipe: Green Vegetable Stir Fry Medley and Orange Mousse

 
Boil the green beans for 3 minutes, cover and set aside for 6 more minutes. Then I stir fried together the brussel sprouts, broccoli and cabbage in a little oil for about 7 minutes. Drain the green beans and add them to the other vegetables. I poured over a mixture of 1/4 cup of vegetable stock, 1/4 cup soy sauce and 1 tsp. corn starch mixed together. You can add other spices that you like. I added some McCormick Roasted garlic and herb seasoning. Let cook over medium low heat for 7-10 minutes depending on how tender you like your vegetables. I served mine with a fried chicken breast.

For dessert I made an orange mousse. 
You'll need..

2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 package sugar free Jello- any flavor you want

Pour Jello powder into a bowl and add 1 cup boiling water. Stir until powder is dissolved. Set aside to cool. 

In a large mixing bowl whisk the heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer until it starts to get thicker and has doubled in size but is still liquidy, not thick like whip cream yet. Add cooled Jello liquid and mix with hand mixer until it is the consistency of whip cream. Put into refrigerator to chill. 

This was so good!

Would you eat either of these dishes?

30 comments:

  1. Hooray for the green veggies! I cannot for the life of me digest green beans, but I can eat the yellow ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? That is interesting. I like both. I don't have a problem with any vegetables.

      Delete
  2. We make a lot of vegie stir frys. No brussel sprouts though. I don't like them.
    The mousse sounds interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found a vegetable yet that I don't like. The mousse was so good.

      Delete
  3. I can only handle Brussel sprouts if they are roasted in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've yet to meet a brussel sprout I like...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love anything stir fry, its healthy, filling and easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely. I've made all kinds of stir fry's.

      Delete
  6. This looks good- I love stir fry but don't make it much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been making it more often recently.

      Delete
  7. That green vegetable stir fry looks very yummy...and healthy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't have the mousse but the stir fry looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. I will definitely will be making it again.

      Delete
  11. These both sound good and easy to prepare. I don't like brussel sprouts, but I like the other ingredients. How handy you have Jello packages you can add for flavor to the mousse, not sure if they sell those here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea you didn't have the instant Jello packs. I love Brussel sprouts. I just had them again with dinner last night.

      Delete
  12. I love green foods. This looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both recipes look sooo good! I love stir fry!

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.