Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Low Carb Recipe: Cauliflower Toast

 
This is a repost from 2017 but I've changed it a little so I thought I would share it again since I've been eating this to stay low carb.

So this recipe was pretty simple but like with most recipes, I changed it to suit my taste. 

What you'll need:

2 cauliflower florets
2 eggs, divided
1/2 an avocado 
1 tsp. lemon juice
pepper to taste
McCormick Grill Mates Chipotle and Garlic seasoning
McCormick Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning
2 TBSP oil
1 Tsp. butter
pinch of season salt
Pinch of salt for guacamole
1 tsp. mayonnaise


What to do: 

Grate the cauliflower add one egg, a pinch of salt, other seasonings, and pepper. Stir until mixed well. 

Heat oil and butter in a pan and add cauliflower mixture to hot pan. Shape into thin patty. Fry on first side for about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and fry for 4 more minutes. 

In a small bowl add avocado, lemon juice, pinch of salt and mayo. Mash avocado and mix well. 

When cauliflower is done, fry 1 egg in the hot pan. 

Add avocado mixture on top of cauliflower patty and fried egg on top of avocado. 

It was an interesting idea but you have to make sure to season that cauliflower really good other wise it's pretty bland. That's why I added a couple of seasonings from the first time I posted this recipe a few years ago. I've made it a few times and it's not bad.

Would you try this?

33 comments:

  1. That sounds good. Some chilli wouldn't go amiss either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably just buy the riced cauliflower in a bag to make this and add cheese to it. I like this recipe and idea, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good idea but maybe more expensive?

      Delete
  3. My question is - do you like cauliflower? It repeats on me and I am not too keen on the taste. I find most of these dishes tend to still have the cauliflower taste or maybe I am sensitive to it because I don't like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like cauliflower as long as it's seasoned really well.

      Delete
  4. I love that you made cauliflower toast. How fun is that????

    ReplyDelete
  5. My doctor just told me to eat less carbs too. Mediterranean Diet for me apparently lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would try this because I do really like cauliflower. But is it hard to grate up?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a clever way to avoid carbs and I do enjoy finding new ways to enjoy cauliflower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too because you can flavor it so many ways.

      Delete
  8. Interesting idea, yes, I'd try it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks delicious. Great way to get those healthy veggies and oils in while avoiding carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like that, looks quite good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have never thought to do this. I have been known just to eat cooked veggies in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like adding vegies to my eggs in the morning.

      Delete
  12. I certainly would love to try this! 😋
    It looks amazing!

    Happy Thursday, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love cauliflower so the substitutes work well for me. I like this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every thing I like.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the taste of cauliflower but I hat the stench when it is cooking LOL I don't eat cabbage and cruciferous veggies but my mother does and eats them all winter long so our palace stinks constantly on them even though I am on the upper floor = the only reason I hate winter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quite the interesting recipe

    ReplyDelete

This is an Award-Free blog. It is a lovely gesture, but I am unable to comply with the terms of the awards so I have made this an Award-Free blog. Thank You for understanding.